Customer Service 866.965.0400

fading clear coat.. help!!!!

Babyfer

Question

so today i washed the Endeavor.. and yes, i have been a bad girl.. i have not washed it in months.. been to busy keeping my lancer clean, lol.

so i noticed on the hood, and above the windsheild that whitish color is appearaing, is that the clear coat comign off??.. what can i do to help it, or more like stop it from spreading.. can i clay it and wax over it.. or will that make is worse??

please help......:willy: and thanks in advance :thumbsup:

17 answers to this question

seriously though.. how does that happen soo fast???

especially with a dirt layer covering the car... "protecting" it from the sun..

Jason.. oh great one....please help me...... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Lots of Japanese imports had issues with clear coat failure a few years back. I think Honda had it the worst. Check for a recall, I doubt it will get you anywhere but it's worth looking into.

she took pics.. said i have to wait 2 weeks for Mitsu to approve it.. guess we'll see..

That's great, at least they are considering it !!!!! They could have just said NO :thumbsup:

They could have just said NO :thumbsup:

Mitsubishi LOVES saying "no" to warranty claims! They blamed my low, rough idle on aftermarket brake rotors and pads and then on clutch "abuse"...lol - they'll say anything to try and avoid submitting a warranty claim. After (not so) kindly explaining to the service manager how an automobile actually works, they finally submitted the claim and I eventually got my new MAF - which completely solved the problem. Total time elapsed - 5 weeks.

Mitsubishi LOVES saying "no" to warranty claims! They blamed my low, rough idle on aftermarket brake rotors and pads and then on clutch "abuse"...lol - they'll say anything to try and avoid submitting a warranty claim. After (not so) kindly explaining to the service manager how an automobile actually works, they finally submitted the claim and I eventually got my new MAF - which completely solved the problem. Total time elapsed - 5 weeks.

My throttle position sensor got screwed up when my throttle body was installed so I had to reinstall the stock intake and tb just so I didn't have to hear them whine. My dealer is pretty cool about everything though. My clutch is having issues with the throw out bearing squeaking and they know that I had it supercharged and they still went threw the trouble to see if it was covered under my extended warranty. Of course it's not, but they told me the same day I don't see why they should have to send anything out and wait two weeks for a response. My dealer was able to pull up my file on his computer and it showed exactly what parts were covered. But who knows I hope it works out in your favor.

Just don't mention that you polish it, they will probably try to blame you :jester:

well luckily.. I have never done anything but wash the thing,so it's really not my fault.. maybe the prev owners, but not mine ;)

It's Jeff's.. that's why it's always a mess, he sometimes takes it to work instead of his work truck, and he really doesn't care about having a clean car.. I do, and that's why it gets washed sometimes.. lol

even the lady at Mitsu said "this isn't like your car" i said what do you mean.. pointed to the dirty inside and said you mean cause of that.. lol she said, yea, nothing like your car.. .i was all :D :D :D

Since i have JJ all the time.. it's hard to wash both cars, so i just pick mine to wash, lol i'd have him help, but he's 3 and more into throwing rocks, and he already hit the truck with one.. :help: flew right over my spoiler.. i was like aahhhhhh nnnooooooo,:willy: lol