Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Wax with BSG

TR6speed

Question

I was on a different forum yesterday (not a real friendly Adams place) looking at the detail section, when I noticed a post asking about Adams products. They were concerned about the life of the Buttery Wax and the Super Wax. I mentioned that I only wax twice a year, but I do use the BSG in between waxes prior to shows and Detail Spray regularly. There was a reply stating the the BSG removes wax. I have not noticed a difference, to my finish but would like an expert to comment.

I was on a different forum yesterday (not a real friendly Adams place) looking at the detail section, when I noticed a post asking about Adams products. They were concerned about the life of the Buttery Wax and the Super Wax. I mentioned that I only wax twice a year, but I do use the BSG in between waxes prior to shows and Detail Spray regularly. There was a reply stating the the BSG removes wax. I have not noticed a difference, to my finish but would like an expert to comment.

It does not remove wax. Feel free to apply BSG as many times as you like :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Let me guess, was it the Corvette Forum, Evil Twin or something? I earned a 1 week vacation over there for correcting misinformation Adam's products, then blasting the mods for censoring me about it.

BSG is your paints friend.

Bruce

It was CorvetteForum, Evil_C5. Said something about the petroleum in the BSG will remove tar from your paint, so it will also remove your wax. Whatever, the dude tries to bash Adam's every chance he gets.

Isn't Adam's a forum sponsor on CorvetteForum?

Evil C5 has a huge chip on his shoulder about Adam's products, I am on Corvette forum also, its a good one, but the detail section is all Zanio fans ( to each his own) I support Adams stuff at every oportunity. I do think its the best of the best. I used the BSG last night for the first time.....WOW, super easy and what great results!!!!!!!!!

Hey Chewy, isnt that a vette motor hiding under that hood??:burnout::cheers:

Yep -- I use turtle wax on the corvette. However, as I get older it's getting much harder to squeeze the wax out of the turtle plus the shell tends to leave swirl marks. :lol::lol::lol::jester:

Kidding aside, the thing I like most about this forum is that you don't see all the internet know-it-alls, "my way or the highway" types, and silly flame wars like you see at CF and many others.

Evil_C5 is an ex Adam's dealer who didn't have what it takes to make Adam's a success.

As far as Adam's sponsoring Corvette Forum, it'll never happen. Once that forum was bought by Internet Brands the rates to sponsor had a few zeros added and the rules became obscene. We proudly donate each year to their St. Jude charity event - but that's because it benefits St. Jude's Children's hospital and not Corvette Forum.

I ALWAYS tell people over there, via PM of course, to visit DigitalCorvettes.com.

It's a REAL Corvette enthusiast site!

Kidding aside, the thing I like most about this forum is that you don't see all the internet know-it-alls, "my way or the highway" types, and silly flame wars like you see at CF and many others.

That's exactly why I'm here - I may not use that many Adam's products, but this forum is such a great community, so I stick around :)

There is a large contingent of corvette owners who think they know everything... I really enjoy showing them how little they actually know when I roll w/ my dads corvette club to different events. I've been known to bust out an impromptu spot detail just to prove a point. :lolsmack:

Problem is with internet know it alls is that you can't actually SHOW them they're wrong. Let idiots like this EvilC5 guy continue blindly, you can go on knowing that if ignorance is bliss hes probably one of the happiest corvette owners on the planet. :D

Edited by Dylan06SS

Hey Chewy, isnt that a vette motor hiding under that hood??:burnout::cheers:

Nope! I tell no lies! lol

It's an L76 which is a hybrid of the LS3 and LS2... ;)

The Vette lie thing WAS a joke... I knew there were a gaggle of you here.:D

I ALWAYS tell people over there, via PM of course, to visit DigitalCorvettes.com.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Amen to that, Jason!!!

I actually "discovered" Adam & his products on Digital Corvettes....night and day versus Corvette Forum!!

Evil_C5 is an ex Adam's dealer who didn't have what it takes to make Adam's a success.

As far as Adam's sponsoring Corvette Forum, it'll never happen. Once that forum was bought by Internet Brands the rates to sponsor had a few zeros added and the rules became obscene. We proudly donate each year to their St. Jude charity event - but that's because it benefits St. Jude's Children's hospital and not Corvette Forum.

Isnt that something

It's all my fault!!!!!:willy:

I started the thread that was referred to on the CF. I wasn't trying to start a flame-war or anything; just wanted comparative information from a wide range of detail fanatics. I knew that on the forum a lot of different products had been used and I thought that I'd get some good information. Though I realize Zaino is probably the product of choice, I choose not to use it...all those different combinations and measuring drops of product when using is not how I want to spend a detailing weekend. As I stated in the thread, I just wanted to know about....

1. not having to remove product residue after each step (per Gen 2 vid)

2. not using a glaze prior to wax and if I want to use a glaze, can I?

The new offering from Adams was mentioned and I'd really like more information on. Could anyone "leak" me any info on the new paste wax? I promise to keep any secret recipies and such:D

Let me guess, was it the Corvette Forum, Evil Twin or something? I earned a 1 week vacation over there for correcting misinformation Adam's products, then blasting the mods for censoring me about it.

BSG is your paints friend.

Bruce

Only a week off? Wow, that has to be the low limit record!

It's all my fault!!!!!:willy:

I started the thread that was referred to on the CF. I wasn't trying to start a flame-war or anything; just wanted comparative information from a wide range of detail fanatics. I knew that on the forum a lot of different products had been used and I thought that I'd get some good information. Though I realize Zaino is probably the product of choice, I choose not to use it...all those different combinations and measuring drops of product when using is not how I want to spend a detailing weekend. As I stated in the thread, I just wanted to know about....

1. not having to remove product residue after each step (per Gen 2 vid)

2. not using a glaze prior to wax and if I want to use a glaze, can I?

The new offering from Adams was mentioned and I'd really like more information on. Could anyone "leak" me any info on the new paste wax? I promise to keep any secret recipies and such:D

1. Always remove the residue after each step: If you don't, you'll end up getting results that you weren't expecting (heavier swirls still there after final polishing, for instance)

2. I don't think the Adam's glaze has protective properties (somebody correct me if I'm wrong there), so you'd definitely want to use it over a wax or sealant; you may run into bonding issues if you use the Adam's glaze first and apply wax/sealant second. So if you're sticking with the Adam's line the order would be: SHR-wipedown- FMP-wipedown-MSW-Americana Wax-BSG. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that one, too :lol:)

1. Always remove the residue after each step: If you don't, you'll end up getting results that you weren't expecting (heavier swirls still there after final polishing, for instance):lol:)

I don't know enough to dispute what you're saying, but on the "Gen 2" video, one of his points was that you don't have to remove after each step.

Am I missing something here?