Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oh no, they're back...

mc2hill

I saw my first love bug of the season yesterday (well to be accurate there were 2 'attached').

Not having been an Adam's user during the past 'seasons' they've always been a problem, but now I'll just keep some Detail Spray and a clean MF towel in the vehicles for the next month or so. A quick spray and wipe should get them off the grill and windshield.

For those of you who don’t' live in the Southeast, Wikipedia says "The lovebug, Plecia nearctica, is a member of the family of march flies. It is also known as the honeymoon fly, telephonebug, kissybug or double-headedbug". What they really are is flying acid containers! If not taken care of quickly (guilty) they will eat through whatever protection is on the paint, and then start on the paint!

Oh well, a price must be paid for being able to wear shorts and flip-flops at Christmas! :jester:

Edited by mc2hill
wrong sub-forum

The dreaded summer insect season :willy:

I live by a big natural wildlife preserve with the interstate running next to it, and I swear it's one of the worst strecthes of highway for bug debris. I don't see how there are so many of them because I swear half of them end up on the front of my cars :lolsmack:

Edited by Loud Pedal

Yeah, I went home (southeast Texas) on leave last year during the "season" and when I pulled in the driveway I started wiping the little demons off. My mom meets me in the driveway like she always does and made a comment about how annoying they are. I walk up and look at the front of her white Camry and it's completely BLACK. I HAD to wash it for her, I don't understand how she can take it...

BTW, I like where you got that pic from Rich. Gig 'em Aggies!

Those don't look so bad...

Now THESE are bad...

I wear full gear on my motorcycles and they still ring my bell when they hit me... :willy:

This "June Bug" is a member of the scarab beetle family. Scarabs are stout beetles with large heads and pronotums.