Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scratch removal on Ski Natique

Superdutytd

Okay well I don't like to talk about stuff on here when I'm not using Adam's products but if a moderator asks me then I guess I can tell!

I used a 4" Hex pad with Meguiars M105 (Heavy Heavy Cut compound). After claybarring the finish and not getting anything (I guess there aren't any paint contaminants in the river??). I went over the finish with the M105 on the Orange (heavy cut pad) at 5,000 and then wiped it down. I wasn't cutting quite enough. I did 1' square at a time. I then went over the finish at 6,000 again and really built up some heat and really started to do some cutting. I went over the whole rear of the boat with this technique. The next thing I did was to go over the whole back (2' at a time) with the M105 on a light cutting pad. I then wiped everything off again and it amazingly looked really good.

Then I whipped out my Adam's products. I went first to the SHR on an Orange pad and went over the whole back of the boat again at 6,000. I mixed some FMP and SHR together on a white pad and went over the back of the boat again.

Finally I did a nice layer of MSW (the pics are without the wax) over my newly 'scratch free' finish. I say 'scratch free' because some of those gouges were so deep I they could literally hold water,:lolsmack: You can't see them in the photos or really if you look at the boat but you can feel them.

Looks good!

Gel coat can be wet sanded pretty well too. I've always used a buffer/rotary on my boats with great success. Gel coat really likes the heat built up.

People smacking the skis against the transom?

Chris

Yea Christopher I wasn't quite ready to break out the sandpaper nor do I have a rotary which would have been nice. I made due with what I had and it turned out pretty nice.

Its actually the wakeboards because of you put them on they tend to hit the back of the boat.

Yea Christopher I wasn't quite ready to break out the sandpaper nor do I have a rotary which would have been nice. I made due with what I had and it turned out pretty nice.

Its actually the wakeboards because of you put them on they tend to hit the back of the boat.

Oh trust me I know... I am uber anal about that with ours. We have the board rack so they come out of the water and put into the rack straight away! :willy:

I like when people in the water shove a ski to someone in the boat and they miss it... :(

I plan on using the DA on our CC this spring too. We have been luck enough not to get any huge scratches yet.

Chris

Oh trust me I know... I am uber anal about that with ours. We have the board rack so they come out of the water and put into the rack straight away! :willy:

I like when people in the water shove a ski to someone in the boat and they miss it... :(

I plan on using the DA on our CC this spring too. We have been luck enough not to get any huge scratches yet.

Chris

LOL yea the side of ours has been pretty lucky over the last five years too! The wakeboard are more from trying to get into the water or trying to wiggle your foot into the bindings. I'm going to go get some of that 3M clear bra and put it over the back of the boat. Of course I already put a coat of MSW over all my work :willy: