Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help about Porter Cable Orbital

thule

Question

Hi,

I have Porter Cable Orbital with 2-Sided Pads .I bought Adam's Second Dual-Action Pad s but I can not use them with my current porter cable orbital.Because my porter cable is fitting only adams 2 sided pads.Can anybody help me about how could I use second gen pads with my porter cable?

Thanks,

Aytac

11 answers to this question

Oh you have a rotary buffer? You can either buy that adaptor OR on that same link Adams offers their adapter plate to fit rotaries.

Oh I didn't see the Rotary Buffer. thanks for your help and interest man..

Aytac

This thread lost me. I thought the OP had a dual-action PC?

Junkman2008 I had a porter cable orbital.It is using with adams 2 sided pads.But they are not selling anymore..When the second generation pads came I bought them with Adam's Dual-Action Velcro Backing Plate for porter cable.but it didn't fit my porter cable.I saw there is also Dual-Action Velcro Backing Plate for rotary buffer.I think it's my solution...if it is not works I will buy an adapter...

If you are using the Gen1 pads now you would just need to unscrew the Gen1 pad adapter then screw on the Gen2 backing plate. You will be all set :D:D:D:D:D

I don't think you need the rotary backing plate, those are for a 5/8 inch spindle.

Can you post a picture of the spindle of the PC with and without the Gen1 pad adapter installed ?

This will really help us help you.

And welcome to AF :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Edited by C6Bill

If you are using the Gen1 pads now you would just need to unscrew the Gen1 pad adapter then screw on the Gen2 backing plate. You will be all set :D:D:D:D:D

I don't think you need the rotary backing plate, those are for a 5/8 inch spindle.

Can you post a picture of the spindle of the PC with and without the Gen1 pad adapter installed ?

This will really help us help you.

And welcome to AF :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Okay, now that makes much more sense!

Don't all the Porter Cable Polishers have the same spindle thread? I think so,but correct me if I'm wrong:pc:

After reading this thread, it turns out that the Adam's 1st generation pads required a different spindle attachment for the PC. If you remove the attachment, you can screw in the 5" backing plate and use the 2nd generation pads. So to answer your question, yes they all have the same spindle thread.