Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where did all my wax go?

6spdg37s

Question

okay so a month about or less ago i clayed, shr, machine polished and machine waxed my G... i washed it today and pretty much all the wax that was applied is gone.. now the car isnt weather abused or anything it spends 3 nights out and 4 nights in the garage. whats going on? im confused n lost :help:

11 answers to this question

the water isnt beading up anymore and the paint feels like its waxless...but the viper (compeltly garage kept) but gets washed the same time as the G all the time and was waxed a few weeks earlier is still smooth and beads up

the water isnt beading up anymore and the paint feels like its waxless...but the viper (compeltly garage kept) but gets washed the same time as the G all the time and was waxed a few weeks earlier is still smooth and beads up

Your Infiniti is a different animal due to its unique finish. To determine if it still has adequate coverage from a sealant or wax, wet the surface and use a high density sponge (i.e. orange polishing pad) and rub it across the wet surface with light to moderate pressure. If you hear squeaking, then your wax or sealant is gone - if it glides across smoothly and relatively silently, your finish still has protection. Beading is not an indication of anything - a completely unfinished car can still bead water.

Your Infiniti is a different animal due to its unique finish. To determine if it still has adequate coverage from a sealant or wax, wet the surface and use a high density sponge (i.e. orange polishing pad) and rub it across the wet surface with light to moderate pressure. If you hear squeaking, then your wax or sealant is gone - if it glides across smoothly and relatively silently, your finish still has protection. Beading is not an indication of anything - a completely unfinished car can still bead water.

I agree....no beading doesn't mean wax is gone

Really not possible to distinguish waxed from unwaxed finishes by touch alone. You could just as easily have a layer of contamination over the top of the wax. Any car, no matter how many coats of wax, can feel rough if the surface becomes contaminated.

I notice that when I use a bit to much of Adams car wash that it doesn't bead as well when I'm done. I mean in one day... Wax it, rains on it then wash it the next day and it doesn't bead as well. I chocked it up to maybe a bit of soap residue but I rinse the poop out of it and it still does it.

This is since using the foaming gun AND a bucket of soapy water.