Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shine Snob!

Bubba

Has anyone else been accused of being a shine snob? I took my Chrger into the dealership for an oil change and it was a little dusty. They asked me if I wanted them to wash it, when I declined the service writer asked why. I explained that I just preferred them not to use their drive thru car wash and ruff towels on my vehicle. He then said I must be a Shine Snob!

I responded "Well, yes sir I am":rockon::rockon:

Has anyone else been accused of being a shine snob? I took my Chrger into the dealership for an oil change and it was a little dusty. They asked me if I wanted them to wash it, when I declined the service writer asked why. I explained that I just preferred them not to use their drive thru car wash and ruff towels on my vehicle. He then said I must be a Shine Snob!

I responded "Well, yes sir I am":rockon::rockon:

\

That kind of person does not have a clue what pride and joy you take in your car.

I got a chuckle when I read this thread. You should have seen the looks I got when I picked up my new G8. I requested to go with the salesman and pick up the car at a dealer about 50 miles away since they didn't have the color I wanted at the dealership where I bought it. Well they were kind enough to let me drive the car to the dealership. Now this was in January in Cleveland so the car was a mess on the outside when we got back to the dealership. I told them NOT to wash the outside of the car. As I transferred my stuff from my old Grand Prix I overheard people talking about me taking home that dirty car. I got a chuckle out of it. Well after 4 hours in my garage that night it wasn't dirty anymore and it got used to Adams products. I also subscribe to being a shine snob and I am teaching my new son-in-law to become one. We spent 4 hours on his new Fusion yesterday and it got the first clay, polish, and new Americana wax session. It looked great and I couldn't believe how the paint came alive. Only thing is I forgot to get a picture before he drove back home. The wheels looked great too especially the calipers and rotors all painted black now. He told me one of his co-workers noticed how nice the paint looked today. The ultimate compliment!

I just had this happen to me Saturday morning! I took the truck in for an oil change and as always declined the courtesy wash aka (courtesy swirl accelerator) and had the service writer baffled why I didn't want it. I've been called every name in the book and the funny thing is, that most of the people that make comments are lazy pigs that don't take pride in anything they do.

The people at the dealership where I took the vette for emissions wanted to wash it for me, and then looked at me as if I had turned down the lottery when I explicitly told them not to

When my dad picked up his new Silverado last year, he told them 'do not detail' (same dealership) and they were insulted... "have fun doing it yourself then haha".....ok we will :cheers:

Picked up my sons Eclipse from the dealer around 7PM and the dealer said to bring it back in the morning and they'll detail it for him. Politely declined and the salesman looked at me funny also. Returned the next day to finish the paperwork and he (the salesman) was amazed at how the car looked. Said that if it looked THAT good before he sold it, he would have gotten about a grand more :)........ no, he wouldn't.

I think my latest experience falls in this catagory. My wife's 09 Accord coupe was sitting in front of my mail box and the mail carrier let the metal lid fall on the fender. I had a cow! Long story short the post office refused to pay to fix my 1" scratch and it is through the paint. So it is in the paint shop right now getting fixed. I hate scratches! The body shop guy thinks I'm nuts for fixing minor scratch! He told me "it will just get more" and I told him "not if I can help it"!