Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using detail spray when drying?

clipser

Question

I hit the heavy stuff with the leaf blower first then a fine mist of DS and a wipe down, always comes out great :D:D

And don't forget to show your door jams some love !!!!!

Yep

I always rinse the truck, then do the wheels and tires while most of the water runs off. Then depending if I do it near the shop or not is if I blow it off first.

But then I mist the whole truck with DS before drying with the towel.

If you look closely at the water on the car when you spray the Detail Spray on it, you can see the water almost shrivel up once the DS hits it, like salt on a slug. Paired with the great white towel, this is the easiest drying technique ever.

You don't need to use the Detail Spray in excess when drying. I found that one long spray over a wide area (like both doors on one side) works well. You only are looking to lightly mist the surface (it also helps to blast off the majority of the water with a leaf blower or compressor if you have one, you'll have to use even less Detail Spray afterwards).

Remember, this is after washing, therefore the amount of dirt on the car will be minimal, so there isn't a need to use as much DS as when you are using it with an MF towel to wipe off dust. Drying my mom's Ford Five Hundred, which is a considerably large vehicle, my bottle of Detail Spray went down maybe a tad more than 1/2"

Edited by GerryC

I too do this. It saves trying time, I think it helps protect from micro-marring from any accidental dust/dirt left over, and just generally makes it look great!

I also use it in the door jambs when drying/cleaning.

I used to think it was a ploy to sell more detail spray....then I used it while I was drying the car....WOW what a difference it made.

It really does help a LOT! I also just let the suds dry on my car, as the PH neutral property of the car wash keeps the water from spotting when it dries. Once I finish washing the whole car, if the suds on the roof and hood have dried, no problem! I just sheet the water off the car to prevent beading as much as possible, mist the car down with detail spray, and blot off the water. Using a California Water blade works great as well, as long as you buy the real mccoy (not the cheap knockoff ones). I still mist off the car with the DS when using the water blade though, and for drying after using the water blade. :2thumbs: