Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing a C6 Grill

Bill-V8V

I'm going to be installing a vette-air and I was told there are 10 little tabs to be removed so the grill will slide out, has anyone ever done this ?

Thanks in advance :hi::hi::hi:

Edited by C6Bill

as far as i know the only way for the grill to come out is to pull the bumper... its really not hard, i just did it now to install some new stuff.

so what i did was turn the wheels to the right, on the drivers side pop out push pins on the inner fender until you can sneak your hand in. feel around and you will find two bolts bewteen the bumper/ fender right above the side marker, remove these two, while you're un remove your side markers and unplug your fog lights. repeat on the passanger side. now you will be removing 2 tiny bolt head screws from under the car, there are like 7 under neither but the other 5 are to hold the air diverter in place, taking these out is a waste of time, you will have 2 more bolts (same size as the ones by the side marker) to remove where the center diverter meets the two side peices under the car, this is also where the bolt head screws are. finally if you look underneither where the opening to the radiator is you will see 2 christmas tree pins that are connecting the frame to the bumper, there are 4 and they get removed. now that the bottom is completely free all you need to do is release the top, 4 more bolt head screws in the middle right by the hood, now you lift up the top peice (but blue tape all over the bumper above the emblem so it doesnt get scratched by the hood, you wll notice the top is still secure, it has 2 tabs on each side by the head lights, one has to be somewhat pryed (in the direction you just removed the screws) and the other (closest to the headlight) is a push lock, just pull straight out. you're bumper is now off!

just take your time, if you take 4 hours no biggy i think i took that long my first time

Well I just crawled under there, it is different than the Z06 grill but there is plenty of room behind the bumper to slide it up from under there :banana::banana::banana:

The more air up there the better !!!!!!

Thanks Everyone :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I tried last fall to remove mine and after getting all those frik'n little screws removed,I couldn't get her out without breaking it :help:....no clearance on the ends....so I gave up and left the grill in:willy:

Let us know Bill how it works out for you. I might just call Mr. Conti and see how much a new grill costs and just cut mine out and be done. :help: