Customer Service 866.965.0400

What's the new Americana Wax made from?

reefer_bob

Question

I love all my Adams products, but to date have been a big proponent of 'botique' waxes, and well, I have a problem collecting them. My current collection includes: Swissvax Smgard (Best of Show), Zymol Concours, Lusso Oro, Dodo Juice Double Wax, and a higher end Colonite.

So, I see the new Americana, and knowing my love for Adams products, and for Carnuba paste waxes, I immediately knew must have some.

My question is... what's in it? What percentages of Carnuba, or other waxes (beeswax for example). What sort of oils? How is the solvent level? Is the solvent level high enough to discourage layering or application over top of a sealant? Heck, what does it smell like?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Hi Rob

What I can tell you is it smells like a Pina Colada but the other stuff is a family secret ;)

Adam answered this in one of the other threads introducing the wax :thumbsup:

And Welcome to AF !!!!!

My question is... what's in it? What percentages of Carnuba, or other waxes (beeswax for example). What sort of oils? How is the solvent level? Is the solvent level high enough to discourage layering or application over top of a sealant? Heck, what does it smell like?

Thanks!

From the looks on the other thread, they're not revealing the exact ingredients. Although, for some people, it would be really nice to know the main contents of the wax or otherwise be discouraged from using it. If applied over XYZ sealant - there's no way of knowing if will turn into a hazed nightmare.

Here is the quote from the ETA of Paste Wax Thread

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Hey Gang, the original formula had only white Brazilian Carnauba. However, the second, third, . . . . . . . versions, we used additional waxes to create a deeper, more durable shine.

Now, we have resolved the following: Our paste will out-shine any of the $1,000+ products, and be reasonably priced. ($69.95/ 8oz)

The ingredients include polymers and carnauba, but the mixture of each will be maintained as an, "Adam's Family Secret Recipe!"

Thanks for your incredible patience, and I hope you understand: We are a small company, with an anal-retentive perfectionist freak of a Founder. Before we release a new product, especially one that we spent so much time developing, in a highly competitive category, it has to be as perfect as we can possibly make it!

Stay tuned, we'll be announcing a special offer to forum members TODAY!!

Thanks again!:D

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

flag_usahome.gif

Hope that helps :hi::hi::hi: