Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car = Fine Machine Polish?

DCRANER

Question

I have a new Vette, when I brought it home I clayed it and used Turtle Wax Ice that I had on hand. So, it looks quite nice and is garage kept. I maintain it right now with DS and Adam's wash soap.

But, is there any benefit to polishing it and then waxing & maintaining with DS as I do now?

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

O/k. Wife's camara died, so got a new one and took some pics last Sunday, will try to post tonight after work.

This will be before the Adam's plan. Right now I maintain it with DS, looks good I think. Is the BSG really a nicer finish than the DS?

BSG is an outstanding product. It's so easy to use and the results speak for themselves. :drool:

Doug, I might sound counter-profitable here, but if you are happy with the finish, and the effort that you extended to get the car to it's current state, why change?

I know we have emailed back and forth, but until you are not happy with your products and process, I'd keep the credit card in your wallet.

When you want more shine, and want to work less, come and get it! :thumbsup:

Doug, I might sound counter-profitable here, but if you are happy with the finish, and the effort that you extended to get the car to it's current state, why change?

I know we have emailed back and forth, but until you are not happy with your products and process, I'd keep the credit card in your wallet.

When you want more shine, and want to work less, come and get it! :thumbsup:

Thanks Adam. The car does look quite well now, but like many others here I am a LUNITIC, so, good news for you, I'll probably be whipping out the card soon anyway.

I did get the yellow window towel, and that is real nice vs. MF on the windows. Great work by you as usual. :burnout:

I love that color !!!!!!!!

And your right, corvettes get some great colors. But they save a few for the trucks too :D:D:D

IMG_0536.jpg

Hey Bill, I have a bunch of pics in photobucket, how do I post them all at once here?

Hey Bill, I have a bunch of pics in photobucket, how do I post them all at once here?

In your case, you go next door and get the 8 year old to do it :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Just kidding :jester:

After you put the first picture in just repeat that process in the same window :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi all. A while ago I started this thread on my 09 Vette. As it was new I just clayed and did FMP, SMW, Americana, and use DS to maintain it. It does look good I think, garage kept.

So, is there any benefit to starting over and first using SHR? I don't really have any swirls, etc. to fix. Just wondering if SHR first would give more gloss / deeper look, then follow with FMP, SWM, Americana.

Tks.

Hi all. A while ago I started this thread on my 09 Vette. As it was new I just clayed and did FMP, SMW, Americana, and use DS to maintain it. It does look good I think, garage kept.

So, is there any benefit to starting over and first using SHR? I don't really have any swirls, etc. to fix. Just wondering if SHR first would give more gloss / deeper look, then follow with FMP, SWM, Americana.

Tks.

If you don't have any swirls ect, I would skip the SHR and go to FMP!:burnout:If you want that extra pop use BSG very last step!:thumbsup:

Edited by Chris05GTO