Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I too obsessed?

Katodog

Am I too obsessed with my paint? I went to a drive through oil change place yesterday for oil change a tire rotation (no time to do myself) and I was trying to keep a close eye on them from the waiting area and was actually nervous they would "bump" into my paint lol. So I go out to pay them and notice a " stain" along the side of the hood a went to look at it and the kid says" oops sorry...just spilled a little oil there" and proceeded to wipe it off with a napkin...yes a napkin! I yelled NOOOOO!!! :explode:

I went to my trunk and grabbed detailer and a Mf and wiped it down. The mangager was there and said " oh...one of those guys"

I felt kinda dumb after that but I didn't want a napkin wiping across my paint. Thanks for letting me rant. :)

Am I too obsessed with my paint? I went to a drive through oil change place yesterday for oil change a tire rotation (no time to do myself) and I was trying to keep a close eye on them from the waiting area and was actually nervous they would "bump" into my paint lol. So I go out to pay them and notice a " stain" along the side of the hood a went to look at it and the kid says" oops sorry...just spilled a little oil there" and proceeded to wipe it off with a napkin...yes a napkin! I yelled NOOOOO!!! :explode:

I went to my trunk and grabbed detailer and a Mf and wiped it down. The mangager was there and said " oh...one of those guys"

I felt kinda dumb after that but I didn't want a napkin wiping across my paint. Thanks for letting me rant. :)

They dont realize you paid thousands for your car. I would be the same way.

I take mine to the dealer for oil changes and normal maintenance. When they start my car up and drive it around the garage and pull it in I watch them. I also will watch them if they are in a part of the garage I can see from the parking lot. It might creep them out but I don't care. It's kind of funny seeing one guy pop my hood, look at the engine for a second, then wave more people over. Within a few minutes there will be about 5 people that have stopped by to look. You would think they have never seen an aftermarket supercharger on a Mustang before. :lolsmack:

Yet it still gives me some cheap amusement when they are all staring and pointing.

Dude your like the rest of us! I literally won't let people touch my cars. There's nothing wrong with caring for your things and I don't know why so many people don't understand that. And those napkins they were going to use would have killed your finish, Junkman has a picture taken when someone wiped a smudge print of his door with a shop rag and it's scary what it did. Don't let that guy make you feel dumb, and next time if you want to dish it back ask them if you can check out their ride, talk about making them feel like a stupid a**! Guys that say those things are non motivated lazy pigs that don't care about much, especially cars.

Yep! SAME WAY HERE! I just had Pedders suspension put on my G8 and made sure the car was clean and dusted before it went in.

I have to take it to the dealer to have them replace a creaky motor mount. It's almost killing me to have to do this... lol

Chris

Edited by Chewy

A week after I got my vette I was at my sisters for a party and my brother in law came within inches of sitting on my fender. Needless to say, my sister came real close to becoming a widow !!!! She was actually the one who stopped him. He knows better now :D:D:D:D

Family may be family but if it's only by marriage then don't sit on my vette :lol:

A week after I got my vette I was at my sisters for a party and my brother in law came within inches of sitting on my fender. Needless to say, my sister came real close to becoming a widow !!!! She was actually the one who stopped him. He knows better now :D:D:D:D

Family may be family but if it's only by marriage then don't sit on my vette :lol:

I cant beileve he was going to sit on a vet. :jawdrop:

:lol::lol::lol: Exactly! Some people just don't get it :lolsmack:

Another thing they dont get is if they would just listen i would not B*** at them at all. I have a thing about my carpet i hate it dirty with spots etc. so what is the difference if i walk in a person house and get mudd on there carpet and they say whats wrong with you. then they go get in your vechile and get it muddy but nothing is wrong with that to them. It just makes me :explode::explode:

Edited by C6Bill

That video was priceless you need to emded it into the thread. Bill would dye if he saw this. Probably in 2 secounds he will.

I was a little slow on this one, I had to do some work to pay the bills :rockon:

... And those napkins they were going to use would have killed your finish, Junkman has a picture taken when someone wiped a smudge print of his door with a shop rag and it's scary what it did.

You mean this one?

swirlcity2.jpg

Yea, that stupid idiot... I specifically told them not to wipe any smudges off the car. Then I see him grinding his freakin' shop rag into my paint. It only takes a couple of wipes to do this to your paint. This is what happens when you wash the car wrong too. You think that you are bad, you should see how crazy I get when even a cute woman leans on my paint. :mad:

I fixed it with a little SHR. Now I stand and watch when my tires get changed.

swirlcity3.jpg