Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing: good for your paint, and your head??

Team Adam's

Question

I don't know about you guys, but I find something very therapeutic about spending a sunny day in the garage detailing... its almost like meditation for me a lot of times. I put some music on and just work on the paint. Sure, a buddy, neighbor, or the wife might pop into the garage occasionally and I'll chat, but for the most part I'm quiet, just working. Really gives me time to put everything else out of my head, get a little introspective, and kinda quiet my mind... get what I'm saying??

Is it like this for anyone else or am I just nutty? :lolsmack:

I only ask because I've had a really rough week at work, totally overwhelmed and stressed out. Since I'm free for the first part of the day today I would've really liked to have had my new paste wax handy b/c I think a few hours in the garage before work today would've really taken the edge off. Guess I'll just have to go work in a layer of BSG for now.

So whats your "Zen" detailing experience or ritual like?

17 answers to this question

Just had a long therapy session Tuesday night, just me, the car, and some beer. I tend to have alot of sessions! But it's true for me, there's something relaxing about detailing, and escaping the busy and stressful lives we live.

It's very therapeutic for me. I find myself losing track of time and just forgetting all the little day to day stresses. Plus at the end I'm kinda tired so I feel like I've works out a little and the results are very gratifying.

until it's your full time gig, then the thoughts are of, time, money, customer satisfaction, product use, customer pick-up time, etc, etc, etc. It can be calming to work on my vehicle but I always end up with small thoughts of should I be using product on my vehicle? I guess it'a all the perspective.

until it's your full time gig, then the thoughts are of, time, money, customer satisfaction, product use, customer pick-up time, etc, etc, etc. It can be calming to work on my vehicle but I always end up with small thoughts of should I be using product on my vehicle? I guess it'a all the perspective.

I was going to mention that in my earlier post! I detail some on the side for some extra cash and it's definitely not as therapeutic when it's not your own car or your own time frame!

Thats true, and I can somewhat identify with that as I remember back when it was still a full time gig for me the joy seemed to be slowly taken out of it for all the reasons you mentioned. Oddly enough though, if I could find a way to do that and make the money I make now w/ benefits and all I probably wouldn't hesitate to jump back in.

My neighbor owns a body shop and wanted to send customers my way after seeing some of my work, I said thanks but no thanks. I do it cause I love to do it and I wouldn't love it if i had to do it. Whenever I do a car for someone I tell them to drop it off for a weekend and I'll be done as soon as I am done and not a moment sooner :):):)

I have enough pressure at work, I don't need it during what little free time I have :bow::bow::bow::bow:

I can relate to that Dylan! I washed and clayed the Mrs.'s car last Friday night, and spent Saturday in the garage with radio and the PC. I enjoyed the day working with my Adam's products & toys and my wife really liked the way her car looked (her Mother's day present from me!). :pc:

)

I have to go to my volly fd to work on my vehicles so i can just pull a truck out and sit in the back turn the radio on and work it. Im not that fastest worker im more deliberate you know what i mean. I enjoy doing it but the one problem i have is tendinitus in my right shoulder from when i used to work in the battery factory and my hand swells up when im done i usually pretake advil or tylonal to help keep the inflammation down or soreness lol. but i still love doing it especially if i have all day to do it cuz well it will lol

the only thing that sucks is i have to lug everything with me unpack it then repack it to lug it back home.

You need something that is portable and organize. MAybe a new adams bag Hint Hint Knodge knodge :xfingers:

That sounds great!!! I wish I was that lucky. I did my truck over Easter and did most of it at night after 11 and did not get all the best pics from it and they are still on the camera and I have not updated my post to show how well it turned out.:help: The reason for all this you ask... My twins! 19 months old and very active, one nap a day for 45 mins and bed time at 7:30. What to see pics, I'll need more time for that!

If Adam makes one more new product... :explode:

I would do it all over in a heart beat!!!!!!

Edited by BrianT