Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie Here

Superdutytd-

Ninilchik is a small wide spot on the Sterling Highway 1/2 way between Homer and Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. About 250 folks year round, and about 1000 in the summer, mostly fishing guides and such. Lots of King Salmon fishing, but the really hot item (tourism) is the Halibut.

I have family not too far from you in Lewiston where I was born. Drove thru Boise last summer on way back from Sturgis, in mid August. Worst dust storm I ever experienced, but the locals (in Caldwell) said: "ah you ain't seen nothing sonny!" Bought some corn on the cobb called Ambrosia (spelling is bad), from a road side farmer, best darn corn I ever ate, ate it like an apple, raw, right off the cobb. Beautiful country and hot, rode thru "Creaters of the Moon" National Park. Spectacular.

If your ever headed my way let me know. We'll throw some fish on the Bar B.

Jim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be in a scandal within my first 8 hours in office! I don't think half-naked ladies running around in the Oval Office would go over to well with the stiff American public! :banana:

I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind.

Heck, when I'm with my husband and we both see a hot chick we both turn around and look and then I say "wish I looked like that!" If he agrees...I kick him. :lolsmack:

73VetteGirl-

Thats funny, reminds me of a conversation my girlfriend and I had at Sturgis last summer. She asked me why was I so intently checking out all the "eye candy." At about the same time a long tall beauty, hardly dressed walk by, as I watched her pass, stupidly said, "its kinda like looking at a nice motorcycle or sports car, besides, your checking out the "hunks!" She claimed that was different. But the sun had baked my mind, so I didn't recognize I was entering dangerous territory.... I asked how so? She says, cause you look like someone who wants "a test drive." I darn near choked to death on my drink laughing:lol:,.....I am still recovering from the pounding I endured around my head and shoulders. We still chuckle about it.

Jim

Superdutytd-

Ninilchik is a small wide spot on the Sterling Highway 1/2 way between Homer and Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. About 250 folks year round, and about 1000 in the summer, mostly fishing guides and such. Lots of King Salmon fishing, but the really hot item (tourism) is the Halibut.

I have family not too far from you in Lewiston where I was born. Drove thru Boise last summer on way back from Sturgis, in mid August. Worst dust storm I ever experienced, but the locals (in Caldwell) said: "ah you ain't seen nothing sonny!" Bought some corn on the cobb called Ambrosia (spelling is bad), from a road side farmer, best darn corn I ever ate, ate it like an apple, raw, right off the cobb. Beautiful country and hot, rode thru "Creaters of the Moon" National Park. Spectacular.

If your ever headed my way let me know. We'll throw some fish on the Bar B.

Jim

I have fished the Kenai River before but mostly stick to southeast alaska or Kodiak for my travels. I go to alaska a few times a years fishing and whatnot. I actually live in Seattle but I'm in Boise right now. I still have 150 pounds of salmon/halibut in my freezer from last summer. I buttfish only becuase I like having whitemeat and redmeat. If i'm lucky enough I catch a white king so i have the best of both worlds ;)

*on edit buttfishing is fishing for Halibut, not what most of you perverts were thinking :lolsmack:

Edited by Superdutytd

Superdutytd-

You know there was a time when a White King was considered junk fish. Folks thought it was too oily. The canneries wouldn't even buy em, so they were used with the Dog Salmon for crab bait, dog food, etc. Now every time one is caught its like finding a prize in your Kracker Jack Box. The times they are ah changing....stop by when your back up here again. Maybe we can load my F350 Super Duty Harley with fish lol.

Jim

I have fished the Kenai River before but mostly stick to southeast alaska or Kodiak for my travels. I go to alaska a few times a years fishing and whatnot. I actually live in Seattle but I'm in Boise right now. I still have 150 pounds of salmon/halibut in my freezer from last summer. I buttfish only becuase I like having whitemeat and redmeat. If i'm lucky enough I catch a white king so i have the best of both worlds ;)

*on edit buttfishing is fishing for Halibut, not what most of you perverts were thinking :lolsmack:

Good thing I read the whole post before I replied :D:D:D

Superdutytd-

You know there was a time when a White King was considered junk fish. Folks thought it was too oily. The canneries wouldn't even buy em, so they were used with the Dog Salmon for crab bait, dog food, etc. Now every time one is caught its like finding a prize in your Kracker Jack Box. The times they are ah changing....stop by when your back up here again. Maybe we can load my F350 Super Duty Harley with fish lol.

Jim

Yea a lot of fisherman used to take them home with them! White king is SOO good. In the years I've been going up to Ketchikan salmon fishing during the summer (oh you know the last 15 years or so!) we usually manage to catch one of two during our 3-4 day trips between our normal group of 12. I usually manage to sneak them into my fish box :snap:

Loud Pedal-

I thought you'd have something interesting for exhaust because of your website name. lol

I doubt I could afford your 08, but I gotta ask what your asking? Whats kind of accessories? How many miles? I looked at a new Vette here at the dealership and they wanted $48k. It is a soft top, with auto, and HUD, and that was about it.

I am gonna try some tweeking on my 2000 since I actually got a pretty sweet deal. Then I am gonna put her up for sale and see what happens. If she sales and I make some extra money it will allow me to move up a couple of years. What the heck, all I can do is see what happens. If no buyers, then I still have a sweet ride with some nice up grades. I enjoy turning a wrench. Just little things mostly I don't have the training or equipment to do big engine mods, like cam changes, etc. My mech back ground is rebuilding the old inline 6s in Jeep CJ5s and 6s. And some Harley work. lol But with the Junkmans excellent DIY guides, I can do things like painting the calipers, install seat two tone cover up grades, change out the exhaust system, replace the rubber in suspension bars, etc. All during the down time I have this winter. I tweeked an 04 Harley standard, had some paint work, and made enough off the sale to but a new 08 Ultra Glide. Wow did mean to go on so long. Let me know more about your Vette. Thanks

Jim

Ordered Adams polisher kit today. With the electric buffer. Its one thing to polish a motorcyle by hand, but I wasn't looking forward to polishing the Vette by hand. Later :pc:

It sounds like you know your way around the shop! I've got the car listed in the garage sale section of the forum if you want to take a look, but it has everything except the dual mode exhaust and navigation (which I really wanted but thats another story :willy:) and has 4,500 miles. :cheers:

Loud Pedals car is one of the few black cars that exists that I would buy used! Kevin it has been pampered since day 1 with Adams hasn't it?

As much as I hate to say it Shane no, pampered from day one yes! When I bought the car I was in the process of using up my old Pinnacle surplus and transitioning to Adam's, but since late last summer it has been pampered with Adam's. :2thumbs:

Don't ban me Adam :lolsmack:

Loud Pedal-

Your Vette looks fantastic. Can't make the move up right now, well worth the price your asking. When I sell my toyhauler, you'll be the first person I call, thats what stopped me from buying new in the first place. But Ive actually come to the realization that for me, the 2000 is a great place to start. Thanks

Jim

Loud Pedal-

Here's a picture of my recent purchase. For some reason I was reluctant posting a picture of the Vert taken by the outfit whose name is written across the bottom of the picture. Not really sure why, just seems odd. They actually treated me very well, and have gone out of their way to address every snifflying complain or request Ive given them. The car comes with a 5year/100k warranty on top of the mileage already has on it. Heck when the Vert was purchased new it only came with a 3 year/30k warranty.

The fact is, its helped me into the world of Vettes, where where for most of my life I was a lurker, now Ive been given the opportunity to meet great folks like you, who enjoy their rides. Thanks to all of you.

Jim

Loud Pedal-

Here's a picture of my recent purchase. For some reason I was reluctant posting a picture of the Vert taken by the outfit whose name is written across the bottom of the picture. Not really sure why, just seems odd. They actually treated me very well, and have gone out of their way to address every snifflying complain or request Ive given them. The car comes with a 5year/100k warranty on top of the mileage already has on it. Heck when the Vert was purchased new it only came with a 3 year/30k warranty.

The fact is, its helped me into the world of Vettes, where where for most of my life I was a lurker, now Ive been given the opportunity to meet great folks like you, who enjoy their rides. Thanks to all of you.

Jim

You just linked to a picture that is on your computer. That won't work. You need to upload it to free picture hosting site like Photobucket. There's a how to in the Site Help and Guidelines forum on how to do so. :thumbsup:

Thanks Junkman, appreciate your help.

With the help of the instructional video by Junkman, here at long last is a picture of my Vert. Propelling me into the world of Vetts. Glad to be here at last and able to meet such great folks. You all have been very helpful and I am looking forward to sharing ideas, and utilizing your DIYs. The Yellow is kinda shocking at first, never dreamed I would ever own a Yellow car. lol Life is fun. Now its time to start playing with all the ideas available for "custom improvements"

Jim

vetterubber1.jpg

C6 Bill-

Thanks for the tip. The bra is coming off....wow sounds kinda exciting actually. I was thinking that with the varing road conditions we have up here the bra would hold down the rock chips in the bow that I know I am gonna get. Your right the Digitalcorvettes forum is worth joining. Ive already started torturing them with rookie questions about exhaust systems and cold air induction. lol

Loudpedal-

Thanks for the comps on the Vert. For me making the move to buy it ment I was speeding off the reservation on this one. (going rogue as they say) trying to decied if this was the right thing to do. I just chuckle now, thinking back how I did the pro's and con's thing. Con's being, only two seats?, a convert in Alaska?, short driving season?, that sort of thing. I only confirmed I had slipped a cog, when I sealed the deal with a vert, being the last color in the world I would have thought of. My original plan was to find a real dark blue, or black coupe. But somehow the irresponsible side of me kicked in when I saw the Yellow Vert. Really glad I did it. Ive been excited about the possibilities ever since, and my Visa card has been hemoraging from buy all the must haves......guess I am helping the economy for someone....guess that'd be a win win for everyone no matter how you look at it.

Appreciate everyones advice and guidance in this exciting time:burnout:.

Jim

If your looking for exhaust I have the Corsa Sports on mine and love it but kind of wish I had went with there new Extremes. They are nice and quiet while cruising but you really know they are there when you give it some gas :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Another great option in the C5 Z06 exhaust. Lots of people swap them out so you can usually find a used set cheap but they are a GREAT sounding exhaust and they are titanium so you would get a nice weight savings too. Here is a short video of mine.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnhTZMnCuRY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnhTZMnCuRY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks like I will be seeing you over at DC Jim. There are known issues with the C5 that are relatively easy to fix. If you locate my DIY's over at DC, it will turn you on to a bunch of them. Just don't run to the dealer the first time something acts up. If you can turn a wrench, you can fix them yourself. :thumbsup:

Junkman-

I took your advice and registered at the dc site earlier. Had some operator error problems so I had to re-register and to make it easy, I used the sign on name of "Salty Dog." lol Carry over from my Coast Guard days. Good times.

I wont be running to the dealer anytime soon. The only dealer with in 50 miles is being closed by GM this summer. So now the only dealer available is in Anchorage 200+ miles away.

Besides Ive always been a kind of DIY kinda guy. Why pay a stranger to have all the fun with my Vert? Besides my DIY jobs provide me with hours of entainment during the long winter months. I have learned over time to simply plan on doing everything twice, casue its the second time around that I usually get it right. Although now, armed with your Videos and post, I feel confident I will get em done right the first time around.

My winter projects are piling up like winter snow in tiny little mind, for instance changing out the leather on the Verts tired seats. (you have a instructional post on that) Who could resist painting their brake calipers after that "Mother of all post." Your instruction are fantastic....to bad shop manual don't read as well.

So my only problem is decieding if I am gonna go wild or conservative with my color choices, yellow and black seat covers, and yellow calipers....or go with a more classy conservative color, like black and oak for the seats,(interior is Oak) and red for the calipers. This is so much fun.

As of today my biggest challeng is decieding, "do I stick with my stock exhaust" or go for the Corsa Extremes for the American Iconic sound.

I mean come on the decision of buying a Vert is not what some would consider conservative act in its self. lol So anything is possible, and thats what makes this so much fun.

Thanks

Jim

C6Bill-

Yes I would deff be interested in buying a used set of Z06s. So if you hear of anyone selling a Z06 exhuast system please let me know. I have been lurking around the "classifieds" hoping to find a set. No luck.

I like your video sound bites for exhaust comparison. The Stingers sound pretty darn good. Borla - Corsa....sport, pace car, bullets, touring, extreme....the only thing I know for sure is I want the muscle car sound for my car.

Thanks for your assistance.:burnout:

Jim

C6Bill-

Yes I would deff be interested in buying a used set of Z06s. So if you hear of anyone selling a Z06 exhuast system please let me know. I have been lurking around the "classifieds" hoping to find a set. No luck.

I like your video sound bites for exhaust comparison. The Stingers sound pretty darn good. Borla - Corsa....sport, pace car, bullets, touring, extreme....the only thing I know for sure is I want the muscle car sound for my car.

Thanks for your assistance.:burnout:

Jim

Keep an eye out on the DC classified section, they usually don't last long when they do show up. I know shipping up there is expensive so you might just want to look for a local exhaust shop and go custom, it might cost you less in the long run :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: