Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning the salt/calcium off the carpet??

Chewy

Question

Hey all,

Well I just ordered the Adams carpet and upholstery cleaner to see how it works on my issue. I also ordered the new brush to try.

What are ya'll using to get rid of it? It's a hard calcium like build up that is almost bullet proof. :(

It comes from a long hard winter in the Midwest and on black carpet, it looks like poop!

My new (to me) Legacy GT has some that the PO tried to remove with no success.

Cheers,

Chris

10 answers to this question

I use a very stiff bristled brush and brush it really good and vacuum it off. Then I use the Carpet and Uphostery cleaner diluted and clean it. Then I brush and vacuum again after it dries. Once you get it clean, get some of the clear floor mats or even the harder rubber ones. Saves the carpet big time.

Once you get it clean, get some of the clear floor mats or even the harder rubber ones. Saves the carpet big time.

I have 3 set of mats in my G8 and a very nice set of Subaru mats in the Legacy and it still happens. I think it's inevitable.

Thanks for your help both of you.

I have the brush and cleaner coming. Why dilute it? :o

The Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is extremely powerful full strength. I dilute mine 25% water/75% cleaner. If you're going to use it full strength, do a test spot first someplace you won't see it if it takes the color out of the carpet.

I have a hoover hand held cleaner but getting it into the corner will be VERY difficult so I will try the new brush and some diluted cleaner on it.

Thanks,

Chris