Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Cover Care

BrandonL

Question

I sell car covers and I can tell you for sure do not put it in the dryer! Most covers are cotton based and will shrink. Wash it in a large front load washer (like at a laundromat) and let it dry itself. Use 1/2 cup of fragrance free Fantastic or Simple Green.

10 answers to this question

What are some companies that make good car covers?

California Car Cover!

1copy.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-7.jpg

5-3.jpg

This is the Best cover I have had. When It gets dirty, I hose it off, then DS to wipe it off. If I get some Bird stuff on it, I wipe it down with some DS, all clean!:thumbsup:

Edited by Jlightning347

Car covers are something I have mixed feelings on. Sure... they keep your paint clean, but if you get a breeze and the slightest bit of grit between the cover and your paint its gonna do a lot of damage.

I personally only cover cars in garages. I know thats weird but just like dylan said when the wind blows and dirt and whatnot flies around :willy:

My truck cover I posted pictures of works really well. Keeps out water, dust, sap. If I did not have to park my baby out side, I would not cover it. But I don't have a choice. I have not had any problems of Dirt or grit getting under the cover and doing any pant damage. I have had it covered for the last few years. I think it did more damage to the paint with out a cover, dust, dirt, rain hitting the paint all the time.

I am looking for a cover for indoor use only. Does not have to go down to the wheels, right now I cover the top of the car with two sheets. I just want to keep the dust off the car. It is not used very often. Any suggestions?