Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best laptop for your money.

11chevz71

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Actually, you are partially right on the battery issue. The battery life is shorter on a cheap laptop (regardless of brand), but the reason your battery only last for 5 minutes now is because you left the power cord plugged up after the battery was fully charged for an extended amount of time.

On a laptop once the battery is fully charged, you should immediately unplug the power and allow the battery to fully discharge. The computer will warn you when it is time to plug the power back in. If you don't do this, your battery will overcharge and loose its ability to maintain a charge. After a few months of doing this, the battery will practically hold no charge at all. This is a common mistake that laptop users make all the time and are constantly filling up landfills with laptop batteries. This is also why there is such a market for laptop batteries on the web.

Thanks for that tip Jman. I'm your average "computer challenged" senior. I purchased my first laptop, for road trips, 6 months ago. Got a Mac-Book from Mac-Mall for $900 and it has everything I need and more. I have kept it "plugged in" 24/7 here in the TN house. (I have an iMac at home in Calif. Got it at COSTCO 4 years ago for $1100) I never turn my computers off, just put them in the "sleep" mode. (Is that a mistake?) I rarely use the laptop where an outlet is not available. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. It's getting embarrassing having to ask my grandchildren, especially the 12 y.o. how to do things or fix something I've messed up. If you're wondering way a MAC, when I know so little about computers? My dad got me started on them 20+ years ago and except at work they're all I've ever used. My biggest problem is finding someplace to teach me how to use a MAC. I wish I had paid more attention when dad was trying to teach me.

I just bought an ACER about a month ago and honestly couldn't be happier with it. Bought it from Tigerdirect on sale for $450. It does what I need it to do. Get on the internet chat with you guys and occasionly word projects. It is also serving as my tv to watch movies on being that I am deployed and it works great for that.

I just bought a new MacBook Pro 13" for home use and my fiance who's back at school full time. I was able to get the school discount which gave me 100 dollars off and a free iPod Touch. I also was able to get 0% financing for 12 months. YES the Macs are very pricey but I have been using a MBP 15 for the last 2+ years and I wouldn't trade it and Apples AMAZING service after the sale for anything. Apple and Adams for life!

Chris