Customer Service 866.965.0400

GWC -- Is it safe on paint and plastic?

Marylander

Question

Anyone have any insight as to whether GWC is safe on things like plastic grills and in breaking up the heavy buildup of crap in door jams and inside trunk edges? And what about using it to clean an engine? Anyone tried that yet?

Rich

17 answers to this question

I would assume it is safe on paint...

My rims are black powder coat , the chrome lips are clear coated, I have not seen anything happen to them.

Adam's GREEN Wheel Cleaner is a 100% water-based cleaner! It contains no no petroleum distillates, no acids, and no butyl of any kind. It is 100% safe for use on tires and all wheel finishes including polished aluminum and clear coats. With light agitation, Adam's GREEN Wheel Cleaner quickly and safely removes all dirt, road oils, and brake dust without harming you wheels, the environment or you!.

By saying that it is safe on clear coat pretty much sums it up that it should work great on your jambs... As far as engine plastics and such, If it is safe to use on rubber tires, I don't see how it could harm plastics

I know the GWC is safe on the paint/clear coat, but does it remove the wax if used to remove bug guts such as on the front bumper?

Yes, if it doesnt totally remove it the first time it will severly shorten the lifespan. All though its safe on most finishes it still is a cleaner and was designed to cut through dirt and grime.

BTW nice avatar, giggity! giggity! giggity! giggity!

Yes, if it doesnt totally remove it the first time it will severly shorten the lifespan. All though its safe on most finishes it still is a cleaner and was designed to cut through dirt and grime.

BTW nice avatar, giggity! giggity! giggity! giggity!

Giggity Giggity Alright! Glad you enjoy it.

Can the GWC replace the APC in cleaning the engine and wiping wax residue off plastic moldings?

I know the GWC is safe on the paint/clear coat, but does it remove the wax if used to remove bug guts such as on the front bumper?

It will remove any protection you have on the car so make sure you put another coat on afterwards. :2thumbs:

Giggity Giggity Alright! Glad you enjoy it.

Can the GWC replace the APC in cleaning the engine and wiping wax residue off plastic moldings?

Been there done it... It's a great engine cleaner IMO... :thumbsup:

Try using the power stick for those hard to reach areas under the hood too... Just make sure there's no wires to get wrapped around it...:willy: