Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Paste Wax Before and After Pics

Marylander

Question

I finally had a chance to try out the new Americana Paste Wax on my DD this weekend. Below are some pics that show the added shine that it delivers.

These pics were taken as I was getting started with the wax. At this point I was only working on the hood. Here's what I did up to this point:

Clayed the entire hood.

Hit it with some SHR/orange pad

A light treatment of FMP

In the first pic I had used the APW on just the driver's side of the hood. Note how the shine looks particularly "watery" along the ridge on the right side of the hood, especially as opposed to the left side.

HDRadioPicsMay09035.jpg

This second pic shows the hood with both sides done (one coat on the passenger side, two coats on the driver's side. The changing cloud cover has a little effect on the photos, but neither had any color correction done -- both images were shot from the same spot with the camera on the fully automatic setting.

HDRadioPicsMay09038.jpg

Overall I'd say the results are really impressive. It's hard to really see it from just a few photos, but when the whole car is done and you see the light dance across the curves as you move, you really appreciate the quality. :cheers:

Rich

Edited by MarylandTDI