Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trip Packing Challenge

DenaliDan

Question

Here's the situation: My wife and I are driving to the 20th Anniversay Miata Gathering just north of Dallas, Texas over Memorial Day. That's 970 miles from the house. Of course the car will be looking great when we leave but colllect bugs and stuff on the way. Once there, we'll do some track time and put the car on the concourse during the three-day gathering.

The challenge: How to pack the detailing supplies I need along with clothes, back-pack style camera bag, and other misc. necessities, IN A MIATA!!! :willy:

My plan at this point:

- 4 oz detail spray

- 4 oz vrt and a sponge

- half a clay bar (great for getting the bug guts off)

- one of each grade of towel (maybe two of some)

I think that's it. I wish an Adam's rep would be at the show but they're not listed as a vendor at this point. So, any suggestions? Did I not include something you think is a must-have?

20 answers to this question

Packing is always tough! I would try packing your clothes in a duffle bag so you can "crame" it in at the last minute. Also try packing the car the weekend before as a trial run.

The first time I went away to Vermont with the family I tried backing my truck every possible way and could not fit everything I needed, so we did not go. Mind you this is my Quad Cab Ram with the wife and two infants!

Oh, you can always try not packing underwear!!:burnout:

Don't pack many clothes so that won't take up as much room and roll them before you pack them because this saves room too.

You can more than likely find somewhere to wash laundry.

A woman suggesting to pack LESS clothes? Good Lord, someone call the devil and see if anything is frozen down there! :lol:

Place an order now for a full set of adams product, have it shipped to your hotel room, sell remaining supplies to other attendees at the end of the festivities. Your sure to have more than a few people interested when they see how good the car looks. :D

Whoa!! Now that's an enterprising idea!!