Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Porter-Cable 7424 Operator's Manual

Junkman2008

Question

You can download the PC-7424 owner's manual by clicking this link. It is in the PDF format, thus you must have the free Adobe Reader installed in order to view it. It will open within your browser window after you click the link.

If you actually want to save the manual on your computer, right-click the link and choose "save link as", then choose a location on your computer to save it.

Most folks looking for the manual are looking for information on what size extension cord to use with the PC-7424. I made this chart which describes the recommended extension cord specifications, based on data found in the operator's manual.

The manual specifically states that an undersized (extension) cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating! Remember, gauge and ampere are both equally important so you must ensure that your extension cord meets both specifications! Also, you must ensure that you are supplying the PC with enough current source. If you have 8 generators, 5 halogen stands and a boom box plugged into the same outlet, you are probably starving the PC of current even though your extension cord is of the correct gauge. Keep that in mind when you choose a power outlet.

pc_extension_recommend.jpg

If you are experiencing a problem with your uint getting hot or turning off for some unknown reason, this is most likely the problem. Ensure that the extension cable you use meets both the gauge and ampere that is recommended by the manufacturer! :thumbsup:

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

You live in NC, drive a sports car and have never heard of the Dragon? :confused:

We have got to get you out of the house! :jester:

that is correct. I work in a hospital which is very busy. Sometimes I do not see daylight. this year we are not allowed overtime-so it has gotten better.

I also have a mini farm and two horses-that being said-I have traveled quite a bit. It is one of my favorite things to do. :burnout:

So when can I come over and ride.... the horses of course! :D :D :D

yeah-I would have to strap you in-one of them bucks A LOT. the other one is a baby-i have not "broken" her yet(I hate to use that term)

You are in horse country I noticed!

yeah-I would have to strap you in-one of them bucks A LOT. the other one is a baby-i have not "broken" her yet(I hate to use that term)

You are in horse country I noticed!

Yes I am! I wish I could go ride more often but man, my time is stretched!