Customer Service 866.965.0400

Got the boat cleaned up for the season

Chewy

Hey all,

I spent a few hours on Saturday in the garage working on the boat. It sits out all summer so it needs to have a good coat of wax on it. So I set off with my PC and my white applicator pad and some Revive and did the whole boat up with it. Then I moved on to the wax... I pulled out the holy grail of waxes and used the Americana. I got one coat on the entire boat and 2 on the blue parts for extra protection. I will probably do more later in the year.

I also set out to get the speakers looking good again on the tower. In Correct Crafts infinite wisdom they built them out of aluminum and didn't clear coat them. :willy:

So a little Metal Polish #1 and a lot of time and then a coat of AW and they look good.

Our boating season has begun! :cheers:

Sorry for the crappy pics... I took them with my iPhone as I forgot a real camera. :loser:

One more on the lift ready for action... Oh and any cotton towels you see were used only for keeping the tower from hitting the gel coat. They were used as cushions over the winter. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chewy

The Americana does a GREAT job on the Gel coat but make sure it's clean first. Revive did a great job of cleaning it. My white pad was orange and black when I was done. A lot came out but not all of it...

That looks great. Any idea how SHR or FMP would work on a boat with the PC? I need to give my boat a good buffing but don't feel like going out and getting another buffer and more pads just for the boat.

If the boat is chalked up at all I would suggest a rotary buffer first with some Mean Green Polish followed up with SHR, MP with the PC and APW. We've kept the boat pretty well waxed through the years so it just needed a good clean and wax. I did hit some areas with some finesse it though.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Chewy

It does have mild oxidation so I will get some of the 3M Finesse-it and give that a shot. I would like to use my PC but it sounds like I really need a buffer. Would you recommend a wool pad on the buffer?

I've only ever used the wool and keep it moving quickly so not to burn the gel coat.

Personally I would try the PC with the Finesse-it on the orange pad and see what happens. You have less of a chance to mess it up.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bro! Somebody I know wants me to detail their super air nautique. You wake board, wake skate, or wake surf??? I have been boarding and skating for a couple years, but just started surfing last summer. if you haven't tried wake surfing then you need to try it!!!