Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray and Flat Black Paint?

Loud Pedal

Question

12 answers to this question

I'd give it a try on a very small portion. It won't HURT the pain, if that is what you are asking, but if you worried it will make it shiny, it would only be temporary. I doubt it will though. Give it a try on a small section, and let us know how it worked! :)

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the Detail Spray is safe to use on flat black paint? Thanks.

Good question,

I am going to assume that it is a flat black paint. Detail spray won't harm it but I would not spray it directly on the flat black to avoid spotting reasons. If you are looking to dust it off, then spray on a microfiber towel then wipe. :2thumbs:

Detail spray is designed to enhance gloss and shine which is not the desired outcome if the paint is flat black.

Long story short, I wussed out of using the DS on the paint! lol. I didn't want to see if there was going to be any adverse effects or shine so I convinced him to just get the hose out and do a once over on it since it needed it. He loves the Adam's shine on my cars and I've been trying to get his head in the game for awhile! So last night he got to see what the Car Shampoo, GWC, and of course BSG on a Harley can do! I think I've got him swayed. lol :thumbsup:

I know I know.....I wanted to see too, but I didn't want to become a partial owner! :lolsmack::lolsmack:

You could have just used glass cleaner to get it back to its dull self.

Chris