Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Paste Wax application question

_RS_

Question

Ok Shane, I'm heading for the garage now :drool:

You get the drift though, does it need a good sealed surface (e.g. MSW which is a sealer not a wax) with no other wax-type things in the way?

Ok Shane, I'm heading for the garage now :drool:

You get the drift though, does it need a good sealed surface (e.g. MSW which is a sealer not a wax) with no other wax-type things in the way?

A clean, smooth surface will work.

It might be a great time to go ahead and clay bar the surface then follow up with revive or fine machine polish. That way you know you are working with a glass-like surface which will give the best shine.:glasses:

Sure will Adam, this is on my wife's beautiful black VW R32, first real detail in five years.

This new wax is fantastic, as you are aware, thank you and your team. :bow:

Thanks Steve,

Washed, clayed, SHR, FMP, MSW, then driven for a day and needed DS to clean b4 APW. BFN! :cheers:

I had a similar question to Ashley yesterday but the only difference is the time between my detail and when I plan to apply the APW. I did the same as above, washed, clayed, SHR, FMP, Revive, MSW last weekend. Fantastic results on also a black vehicle, Saab 9.3t. I plan to apply the APW this weekend and Ashely mentioned this would be not issue. I will wash and the apply APW. Not sure if detail spray will help after washing. Can't wait for the results.

I have read all the threads about Americana wax and it is hard for me to believe that it looks even better over the MSW. I just did the 32 with claying and the fine polish and then Americana. The car looks great! I am glad that maybe I don't have as defining eye as the pros here!

I am waiting on by order so I can try it out. Based on what I hear, I cannot wait. I just did a complete detail a week ago (wash, clay, Swirl and Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, and finally a coat of Super Machine Wax). When I receive my order, I will probably only do the machine polish and wax then a couple of coats of the new Americana Wax.

Order has not shipped as of yet, probably in the next few days.

I have read all the threads about Americana wax and it is hard for me to believe that it looks even better over the MSW. I just did the 32 with claying and the fine polish and then Americana. The car looks great! I am glad that maybe I don't have as defining eye as the pros here!

Post some pics Tom :glasses:please

Anyone??

Do like you said and just spin the applicator on top of the wax (don't use too much pressure). To give you an idea of how little should be on the applicator - an 8oz. container of wax like Americana should last appx. 25 - 40 cars.

Jim I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. It has been raining when I have had any time during the week. I also find that taking pictures of red cars in the sunlight fools my digital camera and the cars come out more orange. We'll see tomorrow because it is supposed to be sunny but cool.

Shane I could really tell where I got the wax thick because it took a lot more work to get it off. I really did find that putting hardly any pressure and what appears to be almost no wax and spread it around worked great. It rained today and the G8 sure beads nice and the water blows right off with the Americana. I need to get pictures of both cars cleaned up and shining. I can't compete with the professionals, but like I told Adam what is so good about his products, beside the ease of use, is that us rookies can get great results without screwing up the paint. The cars sure are as silky smooth as a babies bottom.

Edited by McDuff

Adam had just mentioned that its good to put a couple of thin coats on instead of a thicker one but I just don't know what denotes a thin coat and what denotes a thick one?

This is a hard one to explain, it is much easier to show someone. But you really want to apply it almost as if you are trying not to get any wax on the car, if that makes sense :lolsmack:

Just pretend you are the worlds cheapest detailer and you want to get 300 coats out of one pot :D:D:D:D

Where is that Junkman when we need him :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Here are a couple of pics that I took today of my Daily Driver and my Summer Weekend Driver. As usual the color of the 32 just doesn't seem to come out right in sunshine, but you will get the idea. They have both been treated to the Adams treatment and they seem to love it. Americana on both now.

Looks great Tom :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You should try taking some pictures of the 32 when the sun is going down or on an overcast day, it will make it a little easier to capture that color :cheers:

This is a hard one to explain, it is much easier to show someone. But you really want to apply it almost as if you are trying not to get any wax on the car, if that makes sense :lolsmack:

Just pretend you are the worlds cheapest detailer and you want to get 300 coats out of one pot :D:D:D:D

Where is that Junkman when we need him :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I think I figured it out, this is on a pearl white tahoe ;)