Customer Service 866.965.0400

Butter Wax vs. Machine Super Wax

Brent44

Question

That is an easy one :D:D:D

MSW is a sealant and Buttery wax is a carnauba/polymer blend. With a sealant you get a great shine and it lasts longer than a wax but with a wax you can achieve more warmth and depth. Now if you want the best of both worlds put Buttery wax over the top of the MSW. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you do a Search on MSW you will get some much more in depth info on this topic :pc::pc::pc::pc:

Thanks for the help and the link; however, someone mentioned that sealants are potentially harmful because they work themselves into the clear coat?

Also if I'm using a PC, would applying the butter wax not remove the super wax?

It sounds like the Americana provides more shine and depth than the MSW. Two coasts of the Americana should be as durable as one coat of the MSW.

That's what I've found, and it seems our customers who have posted here have found the same to be true.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Agreed.

I applied my first coat of Americana (as a test) over my existing coats of MSW & BW... the results were awesome. When I have time to break the finish down again and start over I'm going to do a few test panels w/ Americana (2 coats) and a couple of other panels w/ MSW followed by Americana just to see if theres any discernible difference in appearance.

I really love MSW just for its mirror like finishing qualities, but it does lack depth.

I really need to apply Americana w/ Baron Von Awesomes cold water process... I've used ice water for paste before, but his methodical panel pattern seems like a much more efficient way to go about it.

Thats entirely up to you, your budget, and desired finish.

Theres no debate as to whether or not Americana is better than Buttery, but you shouldn't feel obligated to switch just b/c its there. I've been using Buttery wax for years and will still continue to keep it in my supplies b/c its still a great easy to use product that will be used regularly on my wifes car, and my detailing side jobs.

If you've got an extra $70 to burn and want to take things to the next level then go for the Americana.

You won't be disappointed... and based on how little it took to coat my TBSS you won't need to reorder again for a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

thanks for the help and answers! Car looks amazing by the way. What's the best way to work this wax in?

thanks for the help and answers! Car looks amazing by the way. What's the best way to work this wax in?

As in application?? Just use the included applicator, apply VERY thin coats, let it cure (it'll haze up pretty good when its done) and buff off w/ the white mf towel... no real trick to it.

I went ahead and bought it, I'm never going to make a profit off my business if I keep buying stuff!!!

Depends on what you buy :) To go off topic for a second: Spend money on things that make you go faster while giving you great results and you'll have the stuff paid for (and back to making $$$) in no time!! i.e. Ace power stick and a quality drill with a few spare batteries, brush attachment for a Porter Cable to clean upholstery faster - small stuff like those things saves A LOT of time, which means you can do more cars in a day!! As far as wax goes, you can get your money back by offering it as a premium service (since it is a premium wax, right?). So, cheapo wax comes with a wash/wax/vacuum special - upsell the Americana in place of cheapo wax for a few dollars more. By the time your Americana tub runs dry, you should be able to buy 2 or 3 more tubs of it using the extra money you made.

Depends on what you buy :) To go off topic for a second: Spend money on things that make you go faster while giving you great results and you'll have the stuff paid for (and back to making $$$) in no time!! i.e. Ace power stick and a quality drill with a few spare batteries, brush attachment for a Porter Cable to clean upholstery faster - small stuff like those things saves A LOT of time, which means you can do more cars in a day!! As far as wax goes, you can get your money back by offering it as a premium service (since it is a premium wax, right?). So, cheapo wax comes with a wash/wax/vacuum special - upsell the Americana in place of cheapo wax for a few dollars more. By the time your Americana tub runs dry, you should be able to buy 2 or 3 more tubs of it using the extra money you made.

The thing is there are plenty ofpeople who wash cars where I live. My success is attributed to my knowledge and proffesional equipment. I use those things to diversify myself. I have been able to make profits but I am not very self disciplined when spending my money. Thanks for the advice! Oh and ya I really just bought the Americanna for myself and clients who prefer more extensive details

The thing is there are plenty ofpeople who wash cars where I live. My success is attributed to my knowledge and proffesional equipment. I use those things to diversify myself. I have been able to make profits but I am not very self disciplined when spending my money. Thanks for the advice! Oh and ya I really just bought the Americanna for myself and clients who prefer more extensive details

I used to be the same way, so I know how you feel! Being a person who relies on making lists for everything (I have a HORRIBLE memory), I came up with a quick solution: draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper - left side for "needs" and right side for "wants". Don't buy anything from "wants" until your "needs" are completely scribbled out :)

I used to be the same way, so I know how you feel! Being a person who relies on making lists for everything (I have a HORRIBLE memory), I came up with a quick solution: draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper - left side for "needs" and right side for "wants". Don't buy anything from "wants" until your "needs" are completely scribbled out :)

I will definitely give that a shot :thumbsup:

I really need to apply Americana w/ Baron Von Awesomes cold water process... I've used ice water for paste before, but his methodical panel pattern seems like a much more efficient way to go about it.

Can someone explain the cold water thing?

Thanks!