Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana: First Application & Review

Team Adam's

Question

This stuff is terrible!! Don't bother ordering it!!

HAHA, fooled you didn't I? :jester:

Actually quite the opposite, after just a few hours with this new product I am absolutely in love with it. Application was smooth and easy, the wax itself seems very easy to spread and the custom applicator is so perfect its hard to even find words to describe how much I enjoyed using it. I can say this is this is the easiest paste wax I have ever used.

Cure times seemed reasonable. I was working in ambient temps (shaded) of between 72-77 and the wax was ready to buff off after approx 10-15 minutes on each panel.

The BONUS white polishing towel is phenomenal.... perfect towel for paste removal. The blue MF, as much as I love it, isn't really well suited for this job. Having Adam include this with the purchase was like having a sommelier at a fine restaurant select that perfect bottle of wine to go with your meal. Down the line if this towel is not included with the purchase of Americana I HIGHLY recommend you purchase one.

Finish is unbelievable, and this was just a quick application after a wash, I will still have to perform a full detail and start from the ground up with Americana, but the results in even this quick application truely speak for themselves. Glossy, wet, and with tons of depth... I'll hesitate to make any "Better than brand X" statements until I have time to perform a true side by side test, but for the price Americana appears to be the hands down favorite to be the best paste wax at its pricepoint or prices much higher.

Adam, you have once again managed to take attributes that seem to be opposites in the world of detailing and brought them together in one product. This truly is an easy to use paste wax, for a reasonable price, with phenomenal results... you sir have turned the market upside down with this one. Congrats to you and your team.

Enjoy the show, these were taken under some pretty harsh mid day light, I'll attempt to get some in softer lighting this weekend :cheers:

DSC_4976.jpg

DSC_4978.jpg

DSC_4979.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

DSC_4992.jpg

And I'll close with this shot... no this isn't a self portrait... that actually is the reflection in my passenger door :D

DSC_4984.jpg

I just got my order today! but i didn't get a applicator pad!!:[

And that looks amazing on your truck dylan

Michael,

Send me a PM if your applicator was not in your jar. I will send you one right away.

Nice shine Dylan!

Thanks for the write up and great pics.

Steve

Friggin' sweet :rockon::rockon:

I just spent the whole weekend detailing my truck, so that when my Americana arrives Friday all I'll have to do is a wash and wax this weekend.

And Dylan, I know you're as big of a fan of the MSW as I am, Did you put the paste over the MSW?

That looks awesome! I just got home and had mine sitting on my door step. Living in Cali has it's benefits :thumbsup:

As a side note, Adam's guys, are you guys sure that the paste is only 8oz? looks a lot bigger than that to me :)

Oh boy, I'm a idiot it was in the jar!

Don't feel bad Mike, I just got mine today and thought the same thing. I opened the jar to smell it and lo and behold! There it was:banana:

That whole thing fits inside the jar?? The picture makes it seem like it's taller than the jar itself...how much of the jar is actually filled with the paste?:confused:

Or is the blue foam part just compressed at the top between the red applicator and the lid?

Thanks for all the kind words, but save some compliments for when I get some really good shots together in better lighting :D

Dylan i have a question about your rims are they painted. and if how did you do it.

Painted... I had my buddies shop do them for me, factory paint matches perfectly :2thumbs:

Dylan, your SS is absolutely a BADASS rig my friend. Will we see it in person this Saturday in Torrance? Man, that looks fantastic, and THANKS VERY MUCH for the incredible review of the Paste!:bow:

I'm pleased you liked it, and appreciate you taking the time to do the photos and write up. You are the man Dylan, and I hope to shake hands this weekend! :thumbsup:

And Dylan, I know you're as big of a fan of the MSW as I am, Did you put the paste over the MSW?

Yea... the TBSS had recently been buffed out, waxed with a layer of MSW and then topped with a couple rounds of Buttery. On Monday she was at the dealer for a rear end swap (keeps eating up gears & lube) while it was there one of the porters washed it *GASP* despite my request that they not. Its not terrible, the kid at least used a car wash soap and MF, but there are some swirled up areas.

Since its gonna need a full correction (AGAIN!!) I figured I'd just throw a coat of Americana on there to try it out... when I do go for the whole enchilada again I think I'll still apply MSW as a base.

Can I just say that your truck is 100% totally completely badass with or without the wax.

HAHA... thanks. :glasses:

Dylan, your SS is absolutely a BADASS rig my friend. Will we see it in person this Saturday in Torrance? Man, that looks fantastic, and THANKS VERY MUCH for the incredible review of the Paste!:bow:

I'm pleased you liked it, and appreciate you taking the time to do the photos and write up. You are the man Dylan, and I hope to shake hands this weekend! :thumbsup:

No problem Adam... I will definitely be bringing the TBSS this weekend, unfortunately I'm a little embarrassed to have people see it since the dealer swirled up some of my panels, but it'll be there for sure. Looking forward to it :2thumbs: