Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana: First Application & Review

Team Adam's

Question

This stuff is terrible!! Don't bother ordering it!!

HAHA, fooled you didn't I? :jester:

Actually quite the opposite, after just a few hours with this new product I am absolutely in love with it. Application was smooth and easy, the wax itself seems very easy to spread and the custom applicator is so perfect its hard to even find words to describe how much I enjoyed using it. I can say this is this is the easiest paste wax I have ever used.

Cure times seemed reasonable. I was working in ambient temps (shaded) of between 72-77 and the wax was ready to buff off after approx 10-15 minutes on each panel.

The BONUS white polishing towel is phenomenal.... perfect towel for paste removal. The blue MF, as much as I love it, isn't really well suited for this job. Having Adam include this with the purchase was like having a sommelier at a fine restaurant select that perfect bottle of wine to go with your meal. Down the line if this towel is not included with the purchase of Americana I HIGHLY recommend you purchase one.

Finish is unbelievable, and this was just a quick application after a wash, I will still have to perform a full detail and start from the ground up with Americana, but the results in even this quick application truely speak for themselves. Glossy, wet, and with tons of depth... I'll hesitate to make any "Better than brand X" statements until I have time to perform a true side by side test, but for the price Americana appears to be the hands down favorite to be the best paste wax at its pricepoint or prices much higher.

Adam, you have once again managed to take attributes that seem to be opposites in the world of detailing and brought them together in one product. This truly is an easy to use paste wax, for a reasonable price, with phenomenal results... you sir have turned the market upside down with this one. Congrats to you and your team.

Enjoy the show, these were taken under some pretty harsh mid day light, I'll attempt to get some in softer lighting this weekend :cheers:

DSC_4976.jpg

DSC_4978.jpg

DSC_4979.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

DSC_4992.jpg

And I'll close with this shot... no this isn't a self portrait... that actually is the reflection in my passenger door :D

DSC_4984.jpg

I used the APW for the first time yesterday on a Suburban and I have to say the depth is amazing and the wetness of the shine is unreal. It is super easy to apply and remove, the smell to me is not the best but the results are worth it even if it smelled like vomit. Here is 1 after pic, I will post more photos of the detail this weekend when I have some time, I actually have a detail free weekend( WAHOOOO)

heatherdetail018.jpg

I want to clarify, APW does not smell like vomit, I was just saying that if it did it would be worth the results.

Edited by Sundog Detailing

I used the APW for the first time yesterday...I actually have a detail free weekend( WAHOOOO)

Two things strike me as funny here. 1. Shipping to AK is quicker than shipping to Boston! 2. I love when I can deail all weekend. I guess I woudn't if that was what put food on my table.

My Americana is supposedly on the Brown truck out for delivery now, the sun just came out, and it's finally Friday. :pc:

It is super easy to apply and remove, the smell to me is not the best but the results are worth it even if it smelled like vomit...I want to clarify, APW does not smell like vomit, I was just saying that if it did it would be worth the results.

Man, I don't know. I just got mine about an hour ago and it's some kind of funky. I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of but it's strange. I let the dog have a wiff and she barked at it. :lolsmack:

I'll give this stuff a bid and let ya'll know what I think. :2thumbs:

I just went out and tried to do a test run on the new wax, and it's dry. I mean hard as a rock dry. Ran my finger over it and nothing. No wax or oil. Had to scrape off a layer to get to the "wet" stuff. Is this something that I can nuke to soften up?

I just went out and tried to do a test run on the new wax, and it's dry. I mean hard as a rock dry. Ran my finger over it and nothing. No wax or oil. Had to scrape off a layer to get to the "wet" stuff. Is this something that I can nuke to soften up?

Mine had a hard layer over the top of the jar but after I wiped with the applicator pad it got down into the 'good stuff'

Ideally your paste should be rock hard... simply agitate it with the applicator to get it going. If thats not working take 2 or 3 of your fingers and gently massage the top layer of the wax until you start to get a thin layer of liquid... and when I say thin I mean barely noticable. You can even take the liquid that will stick to your fingers and just wipe it directly onto the applicator.

Nice to meet you today Dylan....your truck is sick!

Thanks man. It was great getting to meet you too... and if anyones vehicle there was "sick" it was definitely yours. Next time we have to bring a truck with us so we can steal... er... I mean barrow one of those 55 gallon drums of Adams detail spray :jester:

Hi Dylan,

Nice write-up and results !!

My Americana arrived the other day ! I went to work on the 37 right away !!

Two days later and three thin coats I have the chance to stand back and assess..

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE !!!! No way I though the car's appearance could be improved over the results seen with Adam's Machine Polish and Super Wax... but it has !!!!

As advertised, the GM dark Metalic Indigo Blue looks " fluid " as if a thin sheen of water is passing over the car's finish...

Our club's show is this Saturday and I can't wait to line up with the rest of the club's cars !!! This thing will explode in the sunlight !!!!

Adam ,,,, You've done it once again !!!!

Dennis

I got mine in yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out, but both vehicles are very dirty so I grabbed this piece of oak I practiced finish work on (hand rubbed gunstock oil finish) and put a coat of wax on it and it makes that finish extremely smooth and shiny! I can't wait until I get get both vehicles covered in it. :)

Hopefully my knee won't be hurting this weekend and I can make use of the 3 days to to finally give the Z06 some badly needed attention, it has been neglected.