Customer Service 866.965.0400

How does BSG work (and layering)?

DenaliDan

Question

After using BSG for a few years, I've always wondered exactly what it does (how it works). All I have known for sure is that it definitely works! I've also seen mention of layering BSG. What's that about? I thought BSG was a wipe on, wipe off solution. I didn't think it left anything behind to layer. And now I'm back to my original quesion: How does BSG work?

16 answers to this question

I does contain oils that give the paint the wet look. It also helps hide small imperfections. It does not however offer any protections, so make sure you have a good coat of wax on your car. I use it in between waxes. Also you can apply it right after the wax to enhance the shine.

BSG should only be used as an LSP (last step product) IMO... as it offers no protection and breaks down quickly its only good as a temporary bump to the appearance of things.

You are correct that it contains oils, as pretty much all glazes do.

So, if all is looking good witha wax base, would you maintain the finish with DS or BSG?

I use detail spray as a cleaner/duster as needed, and put a layer of BSG on the Vette once a week since it breaks down pretty quickly and for the POP.

So, does the DS remove the BSG, and does DS provide protection?

I am not 100% sure about the DS removing the BSG, but remember, the BSG does not last long and it offers no protection. I use it just before a show to add the POP to the paint. I believe the DS is just that, something to use to remove light dust and add gloss to the polished and waxed finish. Detail spray and the BSG used alone will not protect your finish.

I am in no way a master detailer as some of the other members and Adam's staff, but you need to polish and wax your car/truck regularly and then use the other products in between. I don't drive my 01 vette everyday seeing I am retired, but I do polish it and wax it every couple of months sometimes more often, depending on shows I may attend. But it does get the DS and BSG in between. Also mine is garage kept and covered. If you your vehicle is a daily driver, then you may need to polish it and wax it more often.

Here are a few shots. The first couple are just two weeks ago after a complete detail.

100_8762.jpg

100_8765.jpg

These were last year between waxes and only used the BSG.

RedRocket2.jpg

RedRocket1.jpg

Potentially, yes... the DS could remove what BSG leaves behind, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I treat DS purely as a surface lubricant for dusting and minor contaminant removal. If I'm looking for additional "pretty" on the paint then I go with BSG. Neither product offers anything in the way of protection.

Potentially, yes... the DS could remove what BSG leaves behind, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I treat DS purely as a surface lubricant for dusting and minor contaminant removal. If I'm looking for additional "pretty" on the paint then I go with BSG. Neither product offers anything in the way of protection.

O/k, thanks. I'm soon going to strip my Turtle Wax Ice off my 09 Vette, that was after I clayed it. Maintain now with DS.

I will take pics, then do the Adam's FMP, Americna Wax, then I guess BSG, and maintain dust with DS, and then do BSG a various times just for the fun of it. I show before & after pics.

The Adam's products have so far been terrific, so I am tempted to just start over and see the results. Thanks again.

O/k, thanks. I'm soon going to strip my Turtle Wax Ice off my 09 Vette

I knew sooner or later you would answer the question you asked me last night :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wait till you see what that beautiful car of your can really look like :drool::drool::drool:

I knew sooner or later you would answer the question you asked me last night :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wait till you see what that beautiful car of your can really look like :drool::drool::drool:

O/k, I'm leaving for a week to N.C., but when back I think I'll go all out, get the PC7424 kit and go wild.

I see the pics of your Vette, man :glasses:, not sure if I can get mine to that level, that is just astounding. But, I'll give it a whirl with before & after pics. :banana::rockon:

O/k, I'm leaving for a week to N.C., but when back I think I'll go all out, get the PC7424 kit and go wild.

I see the pics of your Vette, man :glasses:, not sure if I can get mine to that level, that is just astounding. But, I'll give it a whirl with before & after pics. :banana::rockon:

You get the tools and we will walk you through it, if I can do it anybody can do it !!!!! And if that doesn't work take a road trip up here :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: