Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help !!!!!! Can this be saved ?

sshhbequiet

Question

whats up guys. this is a site i wish i would have found a long time ago! i have been wanting to buff/polish my truck for a while. and i finally found somewhere where there is alot of info, and good products!! this is awesome, cant wait to order the stuff i need, and git er done!!

• Answers 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

what would be the consequences of being too aggressive? for example using too high of a speed setting, or using too much pressure

Re-read post #25. Then use the PC just as normal: Apply moderate pressure (15-20lbs.) and use speed 3 to spread/work the product then speed 5- 6 to break it down.

see, after re-reading post 25, and everyone elses responses...im on the fence as to if i should use revive before the SHR. i dont even think i have revive coming to my house...just SHR, polish, wax. whatever comes in the kit.

see, after re-reading post 25, and everyone elses responses...im on the fence as to if i should use revive before the SHR. i dont even think i have revive coming to my house...just SHR, polish, wax. whatever comes in the kit.

Due to the molecular make up of Revive Polish, you would never use it before SHR. SHR is the most aggressive polish that Adam' makes. Everything else would come after it. If you follow the instructions on the Adam's website, you'll see that SHR should be followed by FMP. At that point you should go to either the Superwax or the Americana wax, just to keep it simple. There are other things that you can do after FMP including Revive and/or BSG but like I said, I'm just keeping it simple.

Revive Polish is like a light version of SHR.

Edited by Junkman2008

Due to the molecular make up of Revive Polish, you would never use it before SHR.

:confused: Its "molecular makeup" is a paint cleaner. Cleaners remove oxidation. If the finish is oxidized - you would use it first. I've used Revive and other paint cleansers several times in this exact way. I'm not making things up as I go along here. I understand that what I described may sound like exfoliating your skin...BEFORE shaving...but the process does indeed work. When dealing with a heavily oxidized finish, one needs to get creative in his solution, otherwise the oxidation will return very quickly.

You're a computer guy A.J. - How much creativity can go into solving a problem? And out of all those creative solutions - how many have been against supported configurations and standard practices? (if you work with Microsoft products, I guess the answer to that would be "all of them" :lol:) As simple as we'd like to keep solutions, there are times when thinking outside the box will provide us with the best outcome. :)

no offense, but i have seen alot of ajs work, and i think im gonna follow his recommendations. the PC will be here today, gotta wait til friday for everything else.

Both of these guys know their stuff, and what they both say makes alot of sense. It's also true to think outside the box sometimes. :2thumbs:

:confused: Its "molecular makeup" is a paint cleaner. Cleaners remove oxidation. If the finish is oxidized - you would use it first. I've used Revive and other paint cleansers several times in this exact way. I'm not making things up as I go along here. I understand that what I described may sound like exfoliating your skin...BEFORE shaving...but the process does indeed work. When dealing with a heavily oxidized finish, one needs to get creative in his solution, otherwise the oxidation will return very quickly.

You're a computer guy A.J. - How much creativity can go into solving a problem? And out of all those creative solutions - how many have been against supported configurations and standard practices? (if you work with Microsoft products, I guess the answer to that would be "all of them" :lol:) As simple as we'd like to keep solutions, there are times when thinking outside the box will provide us with the best outcome. :)

So are you saying that Revive Polish is better at removing swirls and haze than SHR? I'm looking for a straight yes or no answer, then you can follow that with any detail that you like.

So are you saying that Revive Polish is better at removing swirls and haze than SHR? I'm looking for a straight yes or no answer, then you can follow that with any detail that you like.

Straight Answer: No

Any detail I like: I think you're missing my logic on this one, that's all (which is easy to do since I'm really bad at explaining things). When I say use Revive first, I'm not even thinking of swirls yet - I'm thinking only about the ugly oxidation in that picture he posted. Using a paint cleaner before polishing oxidized paint will clear away a good portion of the oxidation, which allows you to make a more accurate judgment as to the condition of the finish. It's the same logic that's behind using a 50/50 water/alcohol mix while polishing & compounding - it clears away gunk so you can truly see what you have to work with.

You certainly don't have to agree with my method, A.J., but hopefully you can at least understand my thought process now. :)

Straight Answer: No

Any detail I like: I think you're missing my logic on this one, that's all (which is easy to do since I'm really bad at explaining things). When I say use Revive first, I'm not even thinking of swirls yet - I'm thinking only about the ugly oxidation in that picture he posted. Using a paint cleaner before polishing oxidized paint will clear away a good portion of the oxidation, which allows you to make a more accurate judgment as to the condition of the finish. It's the same logic that's behind using a 50/50 water/alcohol mix while polishing & compounding - it clears away gunk so you can truly see what you have to work with.

You certainly don't have to agree with my method, A.J., but hopefully you can at least understand my thought process now. :)

I could agree if SHR wasn't capable of getting rid of the oxidation that you speak of. However, since SHR will rid the finish of said oxidation and it is more concentrated than Revive Polish, I wouldn't go about it that way.

Now I will say this. There is more than one way to go about this and end up with the same exact result. Seeing Adam work his magic is what caused me to try something that I normally wouldn't do, but left me at the same result as if I had done it the way I normally do it. Thus, (and I've said a few times in my videos) my way is not the only way and my way is subject to constant evolution. I guess if we were looking at the same situation in person, I could watch what you do, then do what I do and see what the final result is. If both of our ways work, that doesn't mean that either of us are wrong, that just means that we have to different methods two our madness.

I mean hey, there's more than one way to eat fried chicken and I wouldn't knock you for eating it with a fork.

Scratch that, I'd talk about you like a dog! :lol:

Dusting can occurs if you are going a little too slow or working the product too long and using too much product. Try switching to the white pad with FMP now that you are through the oxidation and down to the swirls. Just a couple drops :xfingers::xfingers::xfingers:

can heat do it too? its like 90 here right now. and maybe too much pressure too? im on #6 speed setting. i found that if i dont really apply much pressure, and let the PC do the work, im really just guiding it, it seems to not really dust up nearly as much....sound about right?

That may be a combination of things, including too much product and the remnants of the oxidized surface being cut away.

WHATEVER YOU DO make sure to clean the pad or use a new pad (if you have more than one) between panels. Removing all that heavy oxidation is probably going to cake the pads up pretty good IMO.