Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help !!!!!! Can this be saved ?

sshhbequiet

Question

whats up guys. this is a site i wish i would have found a long time ago! i have been wanting to buff/polish my truck for a while. and i finally found somewhere where there is alot of info, and good products!! this is awesome, cant wait to order the stuff i need, and git er done!!

• Answers 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

if i did the SHR, polish then wax, can i go back over it again tomorrow with the SHR again? some places i didnt get 100% of the swirls out

Just hold off on the wax until you get the finish exactly where you want it - no sense in waxing only to strip it off the next day.

i didnt realize til just reading another thread that i needed to leave the wax on for like 20 min. i put it on and wiped it right back off. also, how much do i need to use? just enough to leave a haze just like any other time waxing?

I wish I had gotten to this thread a little sooner.

First off, you should have perfected your technique on a small section of the car. You don't want to do the entire car using a bad technique because you don't learn anything that way and it can easily discourage you when you see how much work and product you just wasted.

As for the product splatter, that is definitely a sign of too much product use and when you add heat to the issue, it compounds the problem. Letting the polisher do the work with the right amount of product is the best way to work if you have to work in the sun (that's why I like working in a well lit garage).

Hone you technique on one section of the car. Once you get that section as perfect as possible, then complete that fender, hood, etc...

Until you get the area perfect, don't waste product by moving to the next step. Like I said, that will big time disappoint when you see all your work in the perfect angle of the sun, and it turns out looking bad.

Yes. And now you know why I suggested starting with Revive :) There's method to my madness!!!

Hey... I never disagreed with you... its the same product I would've started with as well. I was in here as far back as the first page recommending that he forget the claybar and get right to polishing. :cheers:

ya i tried it. took out alot of the really fine swirls it seemed. its about 15 degrees cooler out today, so im gonna work on it today too. gotta run a few errands for the wifey first though. i dont even know if im gonna worry about getting the hood any better. its hard to see in the pics, but there are **** tons of rock chips on the front. ill probably get it painted, along with the bumper

Keep in mind that no polish or wax in the world is going to fix chips. The only way to fix missing paint is to add PAINT. Using wax and polishes to try and fix paint chips is like using Monopoly money to pay your bills. :D

Edited by Junkman2008

So thats why the teller at the bank looks at me funny when I try to deposit purple $500 bills :jester:

I have a stupid bank too, they don't let me take money out unless I put money in :(:(:(:(

:(that chip repair looks pretty cool. so anyone have experiance with it? and happy with the results?? ill be outside painting my hood all day long with it...haha there are prolly a few hundred small chips. remember, its a 99 and whoever had it before me didnt take care of it like they should take care of a lightning

:(that chip repair looks pretty cool. so anyone have experiance with it? and happy with the results?? ill be outside painting my hood all day long with it...haha there are prolly a few hundred small chips. remember, its a 99 and whoever had it before me didnt take care of it like they should take care of a lightning

Look up Ozzy, I know he used another brand of it that he was real happy with :rockon: