Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay and BSG for Glass

DREWBUSH

Question

I dont like bumping old posts, but I have had great results with claying my windshield. Then following it up with the Brilliant Spray Glaze. I put to long roadtrips on my vehicle in 1 month, and both times through the high deserts in central California. Great clarity of the glass, especially at night. But the best perk was how easy it was to get the bug guts of the glass. When I had stopped to gas up, I cleaned the windshield. It took little to no effort to wash those little buggers of the glass. Ive done this drive multiple times a year on the way to Mammoth, and always dreaded the squeege time, but not anymore with the help of BSG. :2thumbs:

16 answers to this question

Thanks for the great write-up Andrew! When you say Southbay, you mean So-Cal? Coming to the clinic on Saturday at our warehouse in Torrance? Just got here, and look forward to meeting up.

Thanks again for the great write-up, and if you show on Saturday, remind me to share some Liquid Gold . . . . :thumbsup:

do you clay the windshield the same as the paint as far using the detail spray as lubricant?

Yes!

Adams DS is OK to use on both the paint and the glass. Some DS contain Silicon which will cause issues with wiper function.

There are specific glass polishes on the market, but IMO you'd be fine to hit them with your SHR. Personally I've never seen the need... I follow the OP's method.

Clay, a little Glass Cleaner, finish off with some BSG... done.

You'd be surprised how much cleaner your glass can be... if you've gotta stare thru it for any period of time its worth a couple of minutes to clay... the removal of small contaminants makes a HUGE difference in visibility.

We've stepped this process up a little with the release of the glass sealant... same great results as far as easy cleanup, but the sealant has a lower surface tension, and lasts WAAAY longer than BSG.

Not to mention the obvious improvement in clarity... I swear all my glass looks visually clearer while driving.

We've stepped this process up a little with the release of the glass sealant... same great results as far as easy cleanup, but the sealant has a lower surface tension, and lasts WAAAY longer than BSG.

Not to mention the obvious improvement in clarity... I swear all my glass looks visually clearer while driving.

:iagree: My glass looks clearer also. Great product!!:2thumbs: