Customer Service 866.965.0400

My letter to GM

IMADreamer

My family has owned over 45 GM products and the only thing that has ever happened to any of them was a broken belt, and I'm not the oldest kid on the block and have owned 9 myself with no issues. Not all their products are ones I would look at but every manufacturer has crap. I will continue supporting GM, and keep drinking the kool aid, and not the crap the rest of this country is swiggin' either.

Edited by Loud Pedal

My family has owned over 45 GM products and the only thing that has ever happened to any of them was a broken belt, and I'm not the oldest kid on the block and have owned 9 myself with no issues. Not all their products are ones I would look at but every manufacturer has crap. I will continue supporting GM, and keep drinking the kool aide, and not the crap the rest of this country is swiggin' either.

Lol My dad has had 14 new chevy in his life. The only problem was the current he had to put brakes on. They make a great product they just dont know hoe to manged there self. they are the best for dependability and for gas milage in my opion.

Everybody thought the cheep gas was here to stay! The problem started when the bottom dropped out and the price of gas went through the roof none of the US automakers saw that coming! Too many BIG cars and trucks that nobody wanted to fill up, they went to the imports!

I guess I will be keeping the gas hog and diesel beast for awhile!

Whew! Thank you for that! I havn't had a laugh that good in quite a while!:D

How many people do you know after finally getting sick of it and just finally going out and buying a Honda or Toyota ever go back to say hmm gee I really want to try out a (insert Tauras, Malibu, Focus, Impala, etc here) again. It doesn't happen. And the Big 3 continuing to lose market share on their home turf proves it.

It's ok. We drank the kool aid for a long time too. Slowly everyone in the family eventually learned our lessons. We gave em more than enough chances, and certainly more than enough dollars. Actually even though we refuse to buy the crap they now try to foist on us, we are still stuck giving them our dollars courtesy ala Barrack.

I actually don't know anyone who got sick of their GM and went and bought a Japanese car. I think maybe you are the one drinking some cool aid. These new GM cars are great cars whether you want to believe it or not. Again, the latest JD Power and Edmunds surveys back this up.

I can only speak from my experience though and my experience with GM cars has been very pleasant and if there weren't pulley dealerships left and right I would not hesitate to go buy another.

No offense man, but you seem like the typical American car hater that probably spends too much time on a Japanese car forum or something. I deal with a dozen people like you a night when I go to the track, people who always have a story about so and so's GM that was a piece of crap so they traded it off for some ricebox yet probably haven't owned a GM car themself.

There are ALOT of American car owners on this site, are you willing to call us all stupid kool aid drinkers?

I actually don't know anyone who got sick of their GM and went and bought a Japanese car. I think maybe you are the one drinking some cool aid. These new GM cars are great cars whether you want to believe it or not. Again, the latest JD Power and Edmunds surveys back this up.

I can only speak from my experience though and my experience with GM cars has been very pleasant and if there weren't pulley dealerships left and right I would not hesitate to go buy another.

No offense man, but you seem like the typical American car hater that probably spends too much time on a Japanese car forum or something. I deal with a dozen people like you a night when I go to the track, people who always have a story about so and so's GM that was a piece of crap so they traded it off for some ricebox yet probably haven't owned a GM car themself.

There are ALOT of American car owners on this site, are you willing to call us all stupid kool aid drinkers?

That there is some fighting words. :rockon::rockon:

Yeah sorry, I just get pissy when people say things that just aren't true, and do so in a condescending way. I love my Cobalt and it's not because I've been drinking any kool aid.

No worries; my post wasn't intended to be directed at anyone in particular; it was just a general reminder. :cheers:

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Great letter Jason.

I am in the same boat as you, contemplating between a Challenger SRT8 or an SS Camaro.

I've been a GM guy my whole life, often getting into verbal arguments with others over Toyota and Honda :lol:

I guess I'm lucky, cause I live in a larger city (~300K) and we still have our Chevy dealership here. It's one of the largest volume dealerships in Central California, so it's safe to say it'll stay.

I do feel bad for you smaller city people who have lost your local dealerships. Some of them pinnacles of the American way for decades upon decades. We live in a different time now, people could care less what country their vehicle originates from. It's a sad state. But then again, GM and Chrysler have been making mistakes for years and now are both paying the price. Maybe this will enlighten them and they'll restructure to more efficient standards with regards to production.

I'm sticking with GM for the time being, actually just bought an 09 Malibu and love it!

GM will rebound and hopefully the dealerships will be able to open doors once again, if things turn around.