Customer Service 866.965.0400

New territory for the tire sponge

DenaliDan

Question

I've only recently started using the current tire sponges and, of course, that was only on the tires. Today, I was putting some finishing touches on the Espressomiata and thought the tire sponge might work well for applying VRT on the rubber trim. Wow, what a great idea that turned out to be. That design is perfect for the trim around the window and door edges. I only apply the VRT to half the width of the applicator which gives me the other half to hold on to for really good control and buffer space to keep off the paint and/or glass. I know the VRT comes off the paint and glass easily but I had practically no messy spots whatsoever. And the sponge puts it on very evenly. Thanks, Adam's, for a clever design! :2thumbs:

16 answers to this question

I've only recently started using the current tire sponges and, of course, that was only on the tires. Today, I was putting some finishing touches on the Espressomiata and thought the tire sponge might work well for applying VRT on the rubber trim. Wow, what a great idea that turned out to be. That design is perfect for the trim around the window and door edges. I only apply the VRT to half the width of the applicator which gives me the other half to hold on to for really good control and buffer space to keep off the paint and/or glass. I know the VRT comes off the paint and glass easily but I had practically no messy spots whatsoever. And the sponge puts it on very evenly. Thanks, Adam's, for a clever design! :2thumbs:

THey are cleaver i moght need to buy the dailey speacial.

I like to cut them in half for use on cars with low profile tires so nothing rubs on the rim, it's also useful for lowered cars so nothing touches the fender either.

I think cutting then in half for what your doing would be good also because it gives you a long straight edge to work with.

I like to cut them in half for use on cars with low profile tires so nothing rubs on the rim, it's also useful for lowered cars so nothing touches the fender either. I think cutting then in half for what your doing would be good also because it gives you a long straight edge to work with.

I should clarify what I mean by half of the tire sponge. I only use the edge of the tire sponge and not the flat surface part. So when I say half, I'm referring to the thickness of it. As Sundog suggests the need for a straight edge, it is the little valley that splits the width that gives me the straight edge to follow the trim around.

I also use just the edge on my tires since the edge (width) fits my low profile tires almost perfectly.

Did I clarify that or did I just muddle it up more?

When we were testing out the new sponges, I thought that it would make a great wax applicator. I did the CD test to ensure that it wouldn't scratch my paint, and have been using it as a buttery wax applicator ever since. I love the MF applicators, but the sponge is a lot easier to hold onto. :thumbsup:

I like to cut them in half for use on cars with low profile tires so nothing rubs on the rim, it's also useful for lowered cars so nothing touches the fender either.

I think cutting then in half for what your doing would be good also because it gives you a long straight edge to work with.

:iagree::iagree:

I should clarify what I mean by half of the tire sponge. I only use the edge of the tire sponge and not the flat surface part. So when I say half, I'm referring to the thickness of it. As Sundog suggests the need for a straight edge, it is the little valley that splits the width that gives me the straight edge to follow the trim around.

I also use just the edge on my tires since the edge (width) fits my low profile tires almost perfectly.

Did I clarify that or did I just muddle it up more?

Show me a pic