Customer Service 866.965.0400

Before & Afters

Team Adam's

Question

At yesterdays detail clinic the discussion of demos on badly swirled paint came up. To that end I'd like to get a thread underway that shows some real good examples of BEFORE & AFTER.

Limit each post to one specific process or product (ex. swirl removal, VRT on trim, interior cleaner on stains)

To keep this organized lets try to keep the format pretty uniform. I think this could be a great resource for those looking to see whats possible with the products.

Lets follow this template:

List vehicle make and model, quick rundown of condition

>BEFORE SHOT #1<

>BEFORE SHOT #2<

List product used and process

>AFTER SHOT #1<

>AFTER SHOT #2<

>BRAGGING SHOT<

I'll get us started off:

2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ, belongs to my little brother. At this point it had only been waxed once in its life and was washed pretty haphazardly by him on occasion, but mostly was sent thru the car wash (my brother and I have vastly different approaches to car care) :willy:

image0002.jpg

image0001.jpg

Washed, clayed, & dried

2 passes orange pad w/ Swirl & Haze Remover

1 pass white pad w/ Fine Machine Polish

1 pass gray pad w/ Machine Superwax

image0005.jpg

image0006.jpg

Finished Product:

image0013.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the compliments guys, but maybe I didn't make my first post clear... I didn't want this to turn into a discussion thread, I wanted people to post examples of before and after using Adams so newcomers would have a better idea of what is possible with each product.

Thanks for the compliments guys, but maybe I didn't make my first post clear... I didn't want this to turn into a discussion thread, I wanted people to post examples of before and after using Adams so newcomers would have a better idea of what is possible with each product.

Nice Dylan,

This is a great way to keep it simple for people to post their before and after pics.:2thumbs:

That's an amazing turnaround on your brother's avalanche. I bet he knows better to take care of it now, right?

here's a few

1995 Ford Taurus GL 3.8, never garaged. 74,800 miles as of the first 2 photos. Bought new in 95 by my mother, and the first pic is the result of her 9 years of ownership (and a couple of mine before I had discovered Adam's)

11.jpg

Wash & clay

1 Pass SHR on orange Gen2 pad

1 pass Revive Polish on white Gen2 pad

1 pass Machine Wax on black Gen2 pad

16.jpg

6 weeks later, a coat of Americana

americana1.jpg

I've got before pics of the vette somewhere...After I put some Americana on it I'll get some before&afters up of that too

Edited by GerryC

2005 GTO never polished with 14 K on ODO

4.jpg

You take that picture again with an Adam's product in it and I think you might just win yourself a photo contest :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think this will qualify, I posted this in another topic entitled 'VRT not good'........This stuff is amazing!

Before

KWTrucklatcheswithAdamsVRT001.jpg

KWTrucklatcheswithAdamsVRT004.jpg

KWTrucklatcheswithAdamsVRT005.jpg

After VRT

KWTrucklatcheswithAdamsVRT006.jpg

KWTrucklatcheswithAdamsVRT007.jpg

KWTrucklatcheswithAdamsVRT009.jpg

VRT My all time favorite Adams product.

Later,

I love before and after pics. They sure do show how well Adam's products work. :cheers::cheers:

My thoughts exactly and my motivation for starting this thread... now anyone new to the products or the forum and venture into this thread and see what kind of results they can get using a particular product.

Vehicle: 2003 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet.

This vehicle belongs to my neighbor. He is pretty particular about his vehicles, but this car was a victim of poor wash technique and his two cats using the car as a playground. The before pictures really don't capture how bad the finish was -- it looked like it had been dry sanded. I did a more detailed post of this job in the Cars section.

Before:

DSC_0021.jpg

doorbefore.jpg

The process:

Wash, clay, and dry

2 passes of 3M rubbing compound with an orange pad

1 pass of Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover with an orange pad

1 pass of Adam's Fine Machine Polish with a white pad

1 pass of Adam's Machine Super Wax with a grey pad

16 hour cure time for MSW

1 coat of Adam's Americana Paste Wax

After: