Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC set-up question

Katodog

Question

My PC has arrived! Just a dumb question about setting it up.The backing plate comes with a washer on it already. Do I put the washer that comes in the accessory bag on top of that washer? Also I tried it out on a 15-yr old car that the paint was not taken care of. I did half the hood just to practice. I washed it and clayed it. I then went over it 2-3 time with Shr (orange pad) and Fmp (white pad) just like in the videos. The finish is smooth and shiny but there are these little spots of, I don't know what ,that are stuck to the paint that washing and clay will not get off.They are dark colored and hard. Old tree sap perhaps? Any tips on getting these off?

Edited by Katodog

7 answers to this question

My PC has arrived! Just a dumb question about setting it up.The backing plate comes with a washer on it already. Do I put the washer that comes in the accessory bag on top of that washer? Also I tried it out on a 15-yr old car that the paint was not taken care of. I did half the hood just to practice. I washed it and clayed it. I then went over it 2-3 time with Shr (orange pad) and Fmp (white pad) just like in the videos. The finish is smooth and shiny but there are these little spots of, I don't know what ,that are stuck to the paint that washing and clay will not get off.They are dark colored and hard. Old tree sap perhaps? Any tips on getting these off?

IF it is like this. you might not.

I took the washer off the backing plate, then used the one in the PC bag.