Customer Service 866.965.0400

So proud of myself...

Chewy

Hey all,

I am a lot of things but a wood worker I am NOT! lol

I set out on Saturday to gut my garage and make room for a truck, full size car, two motorcycles, a chipper shredder, 32" snow blower, lawnmower, and work bench and shelves. That's a tall order in my tiny two car garage. I have these winter wheels and tires that needed to go away for a while; but where to put them? OK I thought EVERYTHING I don't need all the time is going UP! Off the floor. Cars and motorcycles don't hang well so I set off...

I went to Lowes and bought a couple of 2x4's and grabbed my drill, measuring tape, square, level, miter saw, and some 3" decking screws and started in on a rack to put my wheels away on.

Here's what I was able to produce.

Now I realize for a lot of you this isn't a big deal but I am NOT AT ALL into wood working or wood construction so this IS a big deal to me.

I am proud!

Since this picture I have replaced all the shelving and made MORE than enough room for my toys!

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Chewy

Looks good Chewy:thumbsup:,

but isn't pretty far off the floor, would take a tall Dude to get them up there!

I don't climb a ladder very well with a wheel and tire, matter of fact I don't climb ladders very well period:willy:

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

Nah... I wanted it as far up in the "unusable zone" as possible so I could get a shelf under them...

I can lift them up there with no issues and I'm only 6' tall.

Chris

Nailed or screwed together? If nailed I would put a 90* L bracket on the front 2x4. The reason is over time the wheels could bend the nails and push the 2x4 out. Great idea!! and I like the fact that it is up high!! Keeps from hitting your head!

Nailed or screwed together? If nailed I would put a 90* L bracket on the front 2x4. The reason is over time the wheels could bend the nails and push the 2x4 out. Great idea!! and I like the fact that it is up high!! Keeps from hitting your head!

I screwed it! :drool:

3" decking screws.:2thumbs:

I thought the same thing as you stated.

LOL I've never been a big pull up guy... I'm too fat... Funny thing is a lift 3 days a week now. Used to be 6 days a week before my back surgery last year. I'm strong... Just fat... lol

Chris

Great move Chris! I'm going to put one of those in our shop for the snow tires for my wife's car as well. Hope to make one as clean as yours!

So, how many days until the BIG DAY??:willy:

I try not to count Adam... lol

Thanks!

I imagine your type of shop would be better off with a fancy steel unit that you can buy online. Of course any fab shop could hook you up for cheap as well and then get it powder coated and it'd be the bees knees!

Chris