Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where does Americana go?

Cyclone

Question

For those of us that still live in the past (ironic to say that since I am young) and do not use a PC to polish with whats the process?

Where does Americana get placed into the lineup with BSG?

I would assume

Wash

Clay

SHR

Revive

Buttery

BSG

Americana

Or does the BSG go on top of the Americana?

Different clears and paints will respond differently, and this question is more specific to a particular finish.

I'd LOVE to hear what works best for you, and on my Ford, I use the Americana last, and then just use Detail Spray between applications.

Do a small area with the other products on your vehicle, and let's start to get an understanding of what looks best on which colors, makes, etc!

I did just the Americana on my F150 and it looks great IMO. It's not a show truck and sits more than anything so BSG is just a waste IMO for it. Now my black G8... Yeah it likes it a lot.

Chris

I did my truck last weekend and its Sonic Blue its has alot of pearls in it and it turned out really nice. But you all would not know because i did not take any pics. I should be back in town Friday I'll take some on Saturday and post them. I will say this though I've used alot of paste wax over the years. The Americana brand is by far the best I've ever used. It goes on easy and comes off easy.

Keep in mind that BSG isn't a "MUST" in the process... since getting Americana I've stopped using BSG as my last step as the paste seems to have enough of its own "WOW" without adding more on top.

Never use BSG under anything else. It doesn't hold up very long so anything you put over the top of it is going to have greatly reduced life span. You'd be throwing your Americana away by topping it over BSG.

Thats not to say I'm not using it on other things... still is perfect for glass, chrome, etc.

In the event your finish starts to look less than perfect after a few washings and you don't want to apply another layer of Americana, then I'd say bust out the BSG.

Edited by Dylan06SS

Keep in mind that BSG isn't a "MUST" in the process... since getting Americana I've stopped using BSG as my last step as the paste seems to have enough of its own "WOW" without adding more on top.

Never use BSG under anything else. It doesn't hold up very long so anything you put over the top of it is going to have greatly reduced life span. You'd be throwing your Americana away by topping it over BSG.

Thats not to say I'm not using it on other things... still is perfect for glass, chrome, etc.

In the event your finish starts to look less than perfect after a few washings and you don't want to apply another layer of Americana, then I'd say bust out the BSG.

Aren't you addicted to BSG?:lol:

Aren't you addicted to BSG?:lol:

Oh, don't get me wrong... I still love the stuff, but I don't use it just for the sake of using it. My basic recommendation would be to use BSG as your LSP (how many acronyms can we have on this site :D ) if you use MSW or Buttery.

If your just looking for a 'pick me up' for your shine between major details BSG is prefect too.

Dylan , are you saying that you use the BSG on your glass and chrome ? On my black show car the chrome bumpers are huge and need some protection to give the extra POP that I think chrome demands .

Dylan , are you saying that you use the BSG on your glass and chrome ? On my black show car the chrome bumpers are huge and need some protection to give the extra POP that I think chrome demands .

It is great on Chrome :banana::banana::banana::banana:

web.jpg?ver=12422504520001

I don't blame you I would have put it back in the garage too, before something happened to it. I am sure when I get my Black, ext. cab , long bed, dually finished I will take plenty of hits from you on dust , swirls and whatever else goes wrong on it . :banana::banana::banana: But I will be anxious for the advice on how to get it perfect as my Black show car will be next after the truck .

I don't blame you I would have put it back in the garage too, before something happened to it. I am sure when I get my Black, ext. cab , long bed, dually finished I will take plenty of hits from you on dust , swirls and whatever else goes wrong on it . :banana::banana::banana: But I will be anxious for the advice on how to get it perfect as my Black show car will be next after the truck .

Well I'm guessing you have a grill so getting the Junkman to come down and help shouldn't be a problem :pc::pc::pc::pc:

Bill , do you realize Junkman has not commented on this yet ? In August I will be in Louisville for a car show and have talked to AJ about hooking up with him while there. Sounds like we will have A beer and A steak . :cheers:

Just got in my Americana today. I really want to see how it looks, but I don't want to repeat the whole process again considering I just did a full detail (wash, claybar, swirl and haze remover, polish, machine wax) last Friday and I kept it in the garage until Wednesday. You guys think I'll still get the same results just washing and applying the americanna?