Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana On White

GerryC

Question

I know I wanted to save Americana's maiden application for the vette, but I'm pressed for time this week with final exams so I gave it a test run on my Taurus first. The application is amazingly easy; I did the whole car in 8 minutes flat (I timed myself).

I did only the driver's door first because I wanted to make sure I had the technique down before doing the entire car...turns out I did not have the technique down :lolsmack: Here's a tip: if you think "that looks like a thin enough of a coat"... IT'S NOT THIN ENOUGH. VERY LITTLE GOES A VERY LONG WAY

So I did the door again this time spreading the wax much thinner. Then I did the whole car, in the shade....MUCH easier to remove this time....and the results..... holy expletive :jawdrop:

americana1.jpg

Closeup of driver's door (you can see a jet trail in the distance)

americana2.jpg

Trunk (no clouds today so this doesn't really show much)

americana3.jpg

After seeing the results from this application on abused flat white and how much better the car looks, I can hardly wait to put this stuff on the vette and see what it can do for dark red metallic, and when I do, I'll be taking a lot more than three pictures :D:D:D

Edited by GerryC

8 answers to this question

Thanks guys!! I'll be counting the stares on the drive to campus tomorrow morning... I love pulling up next to a same-year Taurus that looks like hell and seeing the driver's jaw drop. Sometimes when I'm in a parking lot I'll look for one and purposely park next to it :jester:

Thanks guys!! I'll be counting the stares on the drive to campus tomorrow morning... I love pulling up next to a same-year Taurus that looks like hell and seeing the driver's jaw drop. Sometimes when I'm in a parking lot I'll look for one and purposely park next to it :jester:

:lolsmack::lolsmack: The car looks great!