Customer Service 866.965.0400

Harley spoke wheels

FYRDOC

Question

So has anyone tried the new wheel cleaner thingy for your drill on spokes??? Looking for something to help in the tedious cleaning of spoke wheels......and if it works, any problems with it holding up???

11 answers to this question

Chris,

Welcome aboard.

By "spoke wheels" I assume you mean laced spokes, not cast spokes. I use the Green Wheel Cleaner on my Harley cast wheels and chrome engine parts and they clean up nice. However I have not used the powerstick. Either way, I don't see a problem using one though if you like it. On my laced wheels I always found the hub hard to reach. My wife always cleans it better than I can, so I let her do them. Also using deionzed water and a leaf blower helps reduce water spots.

Bruce

Welcome Chris.

The power stick is pretty violent IMO and I wouldn't want to clean my spokes with it. I would suggest like Bruce did. Use the GWC and Adams boars hair wheel brush and have at it. To me a MF towel and some detail spray would be good enough for light dust and what not. That's how I clean my MC wheels... Heck one of my bikes I've only washed once... When I took delivery of it and since then I've used DS to keep it clean. I don't ride in the rain though.

A little Brilliant Spray Glaze (BSG) will make those wheels POP!:glasses:

Good luck,

Chris

Thanks guys.....I'd have a better chance of getting in my wife's...oh nevermind, than I would getting her to clean my wheels!!! I just thought that maybe the power stick would help there, heck Adam's has covered every other problem I've come across for the last 5 or 6 years, so I thought it would be worth a try.

Yes I was referring to lace spokes, may just have to break down and get some Pimp Stix and give that a shot. I went ahead and ordered the power stick anyway, if it doesn't help the bike, I need it on the truck and the Tahoe anyway.....

Welcome Chris.

The power stick is pretty violent IMO and I wouldn't want to clean my spokes with it. I would suggest like Bruce did. Use the GWC and Adams boars hair wheel brush and have at it.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

It ROCKS on the car and truck wheels! My F150 only has 16" wheels and the caliper is so close to the wheel I can't fit it in between. If I wasn't so lazy I'd roll the truck forward. With my G8 it fits but they're 19" wheels.

Sometimes there's no easy way out of something. Sitting on the ground and cleaning them is probably your best solution. It's also one of the reasons I would never buy spoked wheels. I love the look but hate the labor involved in cleaning them...

Chris

I can't wait for my powerstick! From the looks of it they work awesome!

It really does work pretty well... I used it again last night on the G8 and it gets them pretty clean... :2thumbs: