Customer Service 866.965.0400

Blowing out water

BlueJacket

Question

The G8 is very bad at holding water in every crack and dripping sometimes for a couple of days killing my nice finish. I need to get an air composer but until I do anyone have any ideas? Will a can of computer duster work?

25 answers to this question

You'd probably go thru a lot of canned air to get it all out... its helpful to park out in the sun for an hour or 2 after you're done cleaning it up. That'll heat everything up real good and any water trapped in crevices will simply dry out.

That would work but the problem is that I have very little shade to wash my car in so I do not wash it until 7:00 or later most of time and it is dark by the time I get done. I also have very hard water so any water that would drip out while in the sun would leave some bad water spots. Guess I need a water filter too.:help:

I Guess I need to get a composer. Anyone know of a good cheap composer that will last until I can get a nice big one?

I've got an electric leaf blower, but I don't use it that often because I think my neighbors think I'm nuts!

With an air compressor, you need one that filters the air line so you aren't spraying oil onto your paint.

I've got an electric leaf blower, but I don't use it that often because I think my neighbors think I'm nuts!

With an air compressor, you need one that filters the air line so you aren't spraying oil onto your paint.

Yeah my neighbors already think I am nuts when it comes to my car, who knows what they will think if I take a leaf blower to it lol. Guess I can close the garage door and do it. :jester:

Make sure it's a big one... Blowing off something takes a lot of air.

You're better off with an electric blower IMO. Heck they make cordless ones now!

Chris

Isnt there a concern that using a vac will blow some debris - from the junk it has been used to suck up in the past - on to the finish?

Depends on if the vac has a common path for suction and blowing... a cheap sears shop vac more than likely yes, that would be a problem.

Depends on if the vac has a common path for suction and blowing... a cheap sears shop vac more than likely yes, that would be a problem.

I asked this question before, and I was more concerned about debris that is in the hose itself that doesn't fully get sucked up. I asked if people using the Metro Vac had a dedicated hose just for blowing off the water.

I have a Craftsman air compressor that I have had for years. I use it all the time to blow water out of crevices and it works great. It is an oil free 5.5 horsepower compressor with a 25 gallon air tank. I also use it for my impact wrench and various other air tools. I have it in the basement with the air hose running through the wall into the garage. I don't know how I got along without the air compressor.........it is now an indispensable tool.

Les