Customer Service 866.965.0400

I've been detailing cars for a long time

Kornercarver

Question

17 answers to this question

I've been detailing and washing cars for a long long time. Here is a picture I just came across where I am washing my 1966 Falcon. The picture was probably taken in late 1966. It was a 271 horsepower 289 4 speed.

Cool Pic

I bet you wish you still had it too Les. These kids these days don't understand that back then, those cars rusted out in three or four years. You had to pay to get them rustproofed. They just didn't hold up for long. But they were sure fun. Great ride. :cheers:

I was just washing it. However, my wax of choice at that time was Car Skin. It was really a pretty good wax but I don't think it has been made for about 30 years. Another wax I liked was the Simoniz paste in the yellow can. I don't know if it can still be purchased or not. I also sprayed the tires with silicon lubricant to get them black. That was about the time silicon was first available in spray cans. During the 60's, most people were only concerned with getting their white walls white. The rims on the American mags were usually polished with Brasso or Simichrome. There wasn't much available at that time to detail anything.