Customer Service 866.965.0400

DETAILED: Black Infini G37S

This car came to me in pretty bad shape at 9am Saturday, much worse condition than I was expecting. Compounding the issue was the owner needed it done by 3pm... so I had a total of 6 hours to completely turn this thing around. Sadly the majority of the pictures I wanted to take didn't get done b/c I barely finished in time. Luckily I was able to employ my friend for the afternoon to take care of the interior and trim work so I could spend all my time on buffing out the paint. Needless to say the owner was blown away when he came to pick it up and gladly paid the "RUSH" price I gave him.

PROCESS:

• Foam Gun strip wash
  • Claybar
  • Foam Gun rewash
  • Dryed with QD spray and WWMF towels
  • 2 passes w/ Swirl & Haze Remover, Orange Pad @ 6000opm
  • 1 pass w/ Fine Machine Polish, White pad @ 5000opm
  • Corrected paint stains, heavy scratches, and etching w/ the new 4" pads on my trusty Craftsman cordless drill + Swirl & Haze Remover.
  • Rebuffed those areas w/ another pass of Fine Machine Polish via white pad
  • Engine bay was scrubbed down w/ APC and dressed with VRT
  • Inner fenders all scrubbed with APC and treated with Invisible Undercarriage Spray
  • Rims were buffed out w/ a powerball & Mothers Original Chrome Polish then treated to a coat of Rejex, finished off w/ a coat of Brilliant Spray Glaze
  • Tires dressed w/ VRT
  • Interior completely scrubbed down w/ Adams Interior Cleaner
  • All leather dressed w/ Adams Leather Conditioner
  • All other trim treated w/ VRT
  • Carpets were extracted using a light mixture of woolite dark & hot water
  • All glass was clayed, hit with Invisible Glass, and finished with Briliant Spray Glaze.
  • Lastly all the paint was treated to 2 coats of Americana :drool:

BEFORE:

DSC_5037.jpg

DSC_5032.jpg

DSC_5035.jpg

This is after the original wash, these spots were all over the paint, couldn't be removed w/ clay or the PC, so I turned to the new Adams 4" pads and went to town... completely obliterated the spots which appeared to be some severe etching or staining on the paint. At first I thought it was just water spots, but you could actually feel the clear there was lower. These new 4" pads on a cordless drill are a MUST HAVE :thumbsup:

DSC_5031.jpg

DSC_5039.jpg

DSC_5040.jpg

As you can see the last "detailer" who cleaned this car up was a hack. The entire body of the car was this bad, some areas were even worse.

DSC_5042.jpg

AFTER:

DSC_5049.jpg

DSC_5050.jpg

DSC_5052.jpg

DSC_5057.jpg

DSC_5059.jpg

Hows this for depth? :D

DSC_5070.jpg

And of course the obligatory reflection shot

DSC_5060.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

Great work as always Dylan, I don't think I could ever do all that in 6hrs. It would be a pleasure to watch you go to town on a car like that. Maybe I could pick up some tricks to cut my time down a few hours.

I'm confused; I thought that the paste wax had a cure time like the MSW and multiple coats should be spread out over a few days.

I'm confused; I thought that the paste wax had a cure time like the MSW and multiple coats should be spread out over a few days.

Nope... you're safe to apply multiple coats of Americana relatively close together. The reason you wait with MSW is the amount of stuff given off from the product as it fully cures... with paste its not nearly as pronounced. I waited approximately 30 minutes between coats and to ensure speedier application I used distilled ice water to pre treat and post treat each panel. Ambient temps were only in the low 70's so that wasn't an issue and I worked on polishing/sealing the rims between coats to ensure I didn't waste any time just standing around waiting.

Nope... you're safe to apply multiple coats of Americana relatively close together. The reason you wait with MSW is the amount of stuff given off from the product as it fully cures... with paste its not nearly as pronounced. I waited approximately 30 minutes between coats and to ensure speedier application I used distilled ice water to pre treat and post treat each panel. Ambient temps were only in the low 70's so that wasn't an issue and I worked on polishing/sealing the rims between coats to ensure I didn't waste any time just standing around waiting.

I heard Frank talking about using that chilled distilled water to apply paste wax but I didn't fully understand it. I don't know if I'd do it every time but it would be nice to know so I can sound smart.

I heard Frank talking about using that chilled distilled water to apply paste wax but I didn't fully understand it. I don't know if I'd do it every time but it would be nice to know so I can sound smart.

Re-read his process a few times and you'll get it.

Hard to comprehend the first time around and I didn't even follow it this time, but in its most dumbed down form you're cooling the panel to make the wax harden, and cooling the wax to make it harden more. His process is more about helping you develop a pattern that is effective and efficient.

Outstanding job man! :thumbsup:

I spend 6 hours just looking at one panel I've done! :willy:

Trust me... I'd much prefer to work at that kind of pace... but when the owner said he needed it back by 3pm and agreed to pay almost twice the price for that deadline I moved into hyperspeed.

My shoulders and back are killing me now... my friend/assistant said I was working like a humming bird :lolsmack:

I've been asked a million times to describe what "Depth" means. For now on I'll just forward that picture you have describing it :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Edited by C6Bill

Trust me... I'd much prefer to work at that kind of pace... but when the owner said he needed it back by 3pm and agreed to pay almost twice the price for that deadline I moved into hyperspeed.

My shoulders and back are killing me now... my friend/assistant said I was working like a humming bird :lolsmack:

Was

playing in the background? :D

I've been asked a million times to describe what "Depth" means. For now on I'll just forward that picture you have describing it :rockon::rockon::rockon:

You wanna see something that'll really bake your noodle... look at that roof pic again, notice the reflection of the garage door... look closely and you'll see the Adams banner from the far wall in the picture again... the shine is so good that its reflecting off of the paint, onto the window of the garage door above, and back down onto the paint again!!! :bow:

Was
playing in the background? :D

LMAO... I should've filmed the entire detail and set it to that soundtrack :lol:

You wanna see something that'll really bake your noodle... look at that roof pic again, notice the reflection of the garage door... look closely and you'll see the Adams banner from the far wall in the picture again... the shine is so good that its reflecting off of the paint, onto the window of the garage door above, and back down onto the paint again!!! :bow:

HOLY CRAP I DID NOT SEE that until you pointed it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible job! I just keep shaking my head over the fact that you were able to do that in 6 hours. That would take me more like 6 days and even at that I probably wouldn't get as good a result. :bow::bow::bow: