Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much polish to use?

Shimy86

Question

Did the vette this weekend and about half way through the polishing process the pad would shoot out little balls of polish as it dried. How much polish do you use on the pad and how often do you put more on. I put a line around the pad about an 1/8 inch wide for each area, i.e. half the hood, rear quarter panel, door. Is that to much? The pad seemed to have alot in it at the end, am I wasting it, how far can you go with it?

9 answers to this question

You're using way too much. Do your car in small sections from 12" to 18" squares. And only three or four DROPS of polish on the pad. You'll get much better results. If you have a chance, watch the videos and you'll learn a lot about how to do it and how much to use.

I was having the same issues with the little "dust" balls. I was doing it in the shop and the temp was around 80 degrees. I found a quick sprits of detail spray on the pad would help with it drying up.

On a side note: I also noticed the outer edges of my pad( anout the outer 3/4") would have no visible signs of polish, but the center on the pad had more than enough left. It almost seems like the pad is concaved enough that the outer edge hits well before the center of the pad touche the vehicle. I tried different levels of pressure, but not much changed this.

I was having the same issues with the little "dust" balls. I was doing it in the shop and the temp was around 80 degrees. I found a quick sprits of detail spray on the pad would help with it drying up.

On a side note: I also noticed the outer edges of my pad( anout the outer 3/4") would have no visible signs of polish, but the center on the pad had more than enough left. It almost seems like the pad is concaved enough that the outer edge hits well before the center of the pad touche the vehicle. I tried different levels of pressure, but not much changed this.

Try this out.