Customer Service 866.965.0400

Motorcycle Windshield -- clean/polish

kickstand#1

Question

HI all,

I was wondering what products are recomended for cleaning the bugs off and polishing plastic windshields? I have used the glass cleaner and detailer on several occasions, but not on the windshield. Also, how do the functions of the detailer and the glaze differ? I have never used (nor do I have yet) the glaze.

Thanks

12 answers to this question

Use the glass cleaner to get the bugs off, then a coat of Brilliant Spray Glaze. It acts almost like a barrier to keep the bugs from sticking. It also acts like RainX to repel the water.

Welcome to the forum Russ,

For cleaning the bugs off I'd say start with a blast of detail spray and gently get any large bug parts off the surface. Come back at them with the glass cleaner and a fresh MF towel to get the remaining guts.

If you want to polish the plastic windshield you'll want to go with the clear polish

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-360-adams-clear-polish.aspx

To really step it up a notch (if you can wait a little bit) the new 4" pads on the end of a drill will take your polishing to a whole other level. I've had a chance to use them and I'm extremely impressed.

As far as the differences between the detail spray and glaze... they're very different products. The main function of glaze is to provide a temporary boost to the shine and it even serves to hide some minor imperfections. It doesn't however offer anything in the way of protection. If you're trying to find something to protect that plastic after you've polished it I'd personally go with a coat of whatever last step product you've been using on your paint. (Buttery, Machine Superwax, or Americana)

Being that your a bike owner I will say that brilliant spray glaze would be something you'd love. If you've got any amount of chrome on that thing it will blow your mind how bright and shiney BSG will leave it.

Thanks for the responses! I also have a black mustang that I show occassionally. Will the brilliant spray glaze make it shine more than just detail spray?

Thanks!

BSG is great for 'between detail' refreshing. Gives the paint that "just waxed" look, great for a quick boost right before a show or cruise IMO.

Not sure about your bike but mine has a fairly soft (read easily scratched) screen from the factory. I've been for years spraying it down with DS letting it sit 30 seconds hitting it again and the bugs wipe right off. I follow this method on the whole bike as well. It's a great way to keep the bike clean without washing. A coat of Americana every so often would make the process even easier.

BSG on black will boggle your mind IMO. Get some Americana on that beast too! :2thumbs:

Chris

Thanks for all the replies. Guess I've got to place another order! I live up in Bradford County -- about 18 miles south of the NY border.

Your way up there. I am from Perry County. about 45 miles northwest of Harrisburg.