Customer Service 866.965.0400

Refilling the Leather Conditioner Bottle

Nickc0844

Question

I'm curious, how do you fill your Leather Conditioner bottle? I have a bit left in my old 1/2 gallon container and was trying to get it to the 16oz bottle with the funnel. The stuff is so thick that all I could think of was fill up the funnel, then tap the LC bottle, but it took awhile.

VRT isn't as bad, and I love how thick LC is when applying, but was wondering if y'all had any trick up your sleeve.

Thanks,

Nick

6 answers to this question

What I do it put the 1/2 gallon on the cap for awhile to get all the product near the openings. Once you are ready to fill the 16 oz. put the refill funnel (it will only work with the refill funnel from Adams') on, squeeze the 16 oz bottle to get rid of some of the air, and then put the product from the 1/2 gallon into the funnel, let go of the 16 oz bottle, and it will suck the LC into the 16 oz bottle.

I hope you followed, I think I said it right. hope it helps!!!

How much is 'a bit left'?

If there is less left in the gallon than will fill up your 16oz bottle, maybe get a utility knife and cut open the gallon container, basically turning it into a bucket. Then get a plastic spoon or something and start scooping it out to put it into the funnel.

Otherwise you don't want to mutilate your gallon if you will still have some LC left over after refilling your bottle. In that case I'd suggest creating a vacuum like Dan said, or just let gravity do its thing overnight.