Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who needs a leaf blower..

Tundra5-0

Question

I used to get the electric leaf blower out after washing. I then realized I have one right next me while I'm doing this. I use a Rigid shop vac for the iterior. Just disconnect the hose and put on the opposite end. I also have the car cleaning kit for my vac. I put the hose on the blower end and use the thin attachment and it make a great air nozzle. :pc:

I now leave the leaf blower in the shed.

11 answers to this question

I use the new vac/blow purchased through Adams which works great for both interior and drying the cars. No problem at all with dirt being blown out when drying but good point. I will watch for this in the future. This product was a little pricey but worth every penny in MHO.

Agreed. Its imperative that you make sure the hose isn't full of junk from being used as a vac b/c all you'd be doing is sand blasting the surfaces. I know personally my shop vac is so full of junk I'd never use it to blow off my paint.

:iagree: i would be to worried about blowing dirt/dust on the car after i just washed it. i use my air compressor to blow out the mirrors, tail lights ect. and use the drying towel to get the rest of the water.

I used to use my air compressor but I was blowing water off something other then the car and noticed that a little redish water was being expelled from the hose nozzle. Turns out I had a little condensation in the tank over the years that had started to rust the tank ( I would decompress the tank after each use but I quess condensation remained). I did not want to take chances so I then converted to the new shop vac/blower dedicated to blowing off the cars.

Perhaps a inline drier water removal system would work, but this was an old compressor so I optied for the shop vac/blower.

I see this thread is still alive. I still use this method with great results. I use the smallest nozzle available for my shop vac and my vac has a flexible long car hose which is also smaller than a conventional shop vac hose. Works great in the small cracks and does not blow dust anywhere. Just a thought for those guys that dont have a compressor lying around and dont feel like dragging their leaf blower out.