Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray Question

XCELR8S

Question

I have a question for any Adam's member. I was told by my GM dealer that if I use any chemicals including the detail sprays on the carbon fiber under the hood of my 2009 ZR1, it will damage it and cause it to turn milky. The tech bulletin I got with the car says I can wax it and use a wax remover to get any wax spots left in the pores which does not make sense. Is there any chemicals in the Detail spray that would damage the finish on the carbon fiber? Any info would be appreciated.

11 answers to this question

I hate to say this but many dealers don't have a clue about what they are selling. Can you post a picture of the pieces under the hood you are thinking of using the detail spray on ?

The hood is carbon fiber and the underside is unpainted. :cheers:

I don't know if they use the same UV finish that they use on the roof, but I know that would be an expensive mistake if something was to happen, not that I think it would.

The hood is carbon fiber and the underside is unpainted. :cheers:

I don't know if they use the same UV finish that they use on the roof, but I know that would be an expensive mistake if something was to happen, not that I think it would.

I thought we were talking about CF pieces UNDER the hood not the underside of the hood :willy::willy::willy:

I have a question for any Adam's member. I was told by my GM dealer that if I use any chemicals including the detail sprays on the carbon fiber under the hood of my 2009 ZR1, it will damage it and cause it to turn milky. The tech bulletin I got with the car says I can wax it and use a wax remover to get any wax spots left in the pores which does not make sense. Is there any chemicals in the Detail spray that would damage the finish on the carbon fiber? Any info would be appreciated.

You're completely fine. You can treat the carbon fiber just as you would any normal clear coated finish.