Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash with Dawn????

transamguy

Question

I just got a whole big bunch of Adams products from my local distributor last weekend and I cant wait to try them out. My question is should I wash the car with dawn first to get all the old wax off before I go through the process in the DVD? I cant wait to get started, i am so siked.

7 answers to this question

I just got a whole big bunch of Adams products from my local distributor last weekend and I cant wait to try them out. My question is should I wash the car with dawn first to get all the old wax off before I go through the process in the DVD? I cant wait to get started, i am so siked.

I don't think that's really necessary, and if I recall correctly someone on here (someone that knows a lot more than me :jester:) once mentioned that Dawn is pretty harsh on plastic trim and rubber/weather-stripping. You'd probably be fine with just a good thorough wash with Adam's car soap followed by a claybar treatment.

I'm sure some others will chime in soon and add more. Good luck with the detailing -- post up some pics when you're done. :2thumbs:

Rich

Has it been waxed recently and has it been getting regular waxings in the past ? If so then yes I would start with Dawn but it isn't mandatory, and I wouldn't do it often, like Rich said, it can be harsh on trim :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do mine with Dawn once a year........usually after I uncover it in the spring. Yes it's harsh, but it does remove all the old wax and gives me a clean slate to work on. But then again, my Vette doesn't have a lot of plastic parts to worry about, and the ones it does have, I've never noticed any damage on. It's your choice. If it has a heavy build up and you want to remove any wax that you didn't put on there then go for it. You can avoid washing the parts you don't want exposed to the Dawn.

Post up some pics and a write up of what all you did when you're done. :thumbsup:

I use Dawn for the first wash of the year. It is a stripper and shouldn't be used very often.

It cleans all that nasty greasy stuff in the kitchen. What do you think it would do to your car if you used it every time you washed.

Make sure you use the Adam's Car Wash for the best results and do not use the Dawn after your initial wash.:burnout: