Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question

airhog

Question

Hello! I just bought Adam's Buttery Wax the other day and just had a few questions on how to use it. I am just getting into detailing and don't really know how to apply wax at all. I have an applicator pad and a microfiber towel. I just needed some input on how to apply wax and take it off. Any tips or advice a newbie would need to know? Any tricks to this or is pretty straight forward? Anything is helpful to me.

Thanks Adam.

2 answers to this question

If you have a microfiber applicator and pad a microfiber towel you are almost there! Using our Buttery Wax really is very simple so just because this is a long thread don't be discouraged - I just want to give you as much info as I can.

While I highly suggest you always clay bar and polish before waxing if you are just getting into it then let's at least make sure this step is done right :)

1. Wash your car!

- Washing is key - you'll want to only wax a clean vehicle to make sure the wax is drying to clear coat and not dirt. Plus you don't want to lock in imperfections.

2. Using the microfiber applicator pad, squeeze a quarter sized amount into the pad, squish it so it's spread evenly over the surface then in smooth, even lines apply the wax to the body panel. You don't want to do circles, just nice smooth strokes. Overlapping is fine to make sure you got everything just try your best to put on an even layer of wax (this will ensure a consistent deep shine.) A little goes a long way and all you are looking for is coverage. If you leave too thick of a layer you'll have a hard time removing it later (although Detail Spray always helps remove dried wax.) Wax itself dries to a microscopic thickness - bear that in mind, leaving a foot thick layer of wax on your car

3. Our Buttery Wax should dry in 10-15 minutes. You'll see it dry to an off white butter colored haze. To remove this residue:

Take your microfiber towel and fold it twice. This way the weight of your hand is distributed more evenly over the towel and you can remove more residue with less work. (Cool tip not many people know.)

If you come across an area that isn't wiping away easily spritz some Detail Spray on that spot and rub again with a towel. You won't remove any wax just that particular stubborn residue.

If you accidently got wax on your plastic or rubber trim pieces don't fear, try some Detail Spray and the towel first, if it does not remove - try our All Purpose Cleaner.

Below is a video of how to apply:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_24.aspx

Here is a quick wax removal video we have for you with similar tips, just more visual guides:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_26.aspx