Customer Service 866.965.0400

Appreciation

rafaelm

Well I've been using Adam's products for about 2 months now and let me tell you, they are the best! Anyhow, some family/friends have seen the results on my cars and have wanted me to work a little magic on their cars. However, I don't think they truly appreciate and understand the product that is being used on their vehicles. They just see the final product and say it looks nice, but I don't think you can truly appreciate it unless you know the work that specifically goes into it. I usually don't charge them too much, but then again I have to cover the costs of the products. I'd appreciate opinions and suggestions as to how much to charge for clay, polish, and wax.

Thanks,

I have the same problem. People will always ask what do you use I tell them Adams and they say they have never heard of it. I think that most are just to lazy to have a peek at the products on the internet. They see what ever they see at the auto parts store and they buy it. Hell I was the same way until I had met Adam at the Knotts Show out here in California. He was passing out little samples of the detail spray. Got home tried it went on the internet bought a gallon of it and after that it snowballed into all of the products that I have. I literally threw every other product out that I had on my shelfs. And I had them all. Now the only thing that I have is Adams. I am always getting hit up on detailing my friends cars. I think I am going to have to start charging them. After all it is my time and it is worth something.

:iagree:

If it helps you i have charged the last couple of cars i did. I charged a guy 75 to do his vette and 100 to someone with a Nissan Armada and i feel like they both got great deals :D. I use to not charge friends anything but this stuff is expensive and i gotta figure out how to recoop my used up products.

Good luck!! charging is something i always feel bad doing since i enjoy it so much. :rockon:

Best way to demonstrate the benefit is to do a test section on the car while they watch. That way they can see how much work you're putting in on just the paint and they can see, side-by-side, how their paint could look compared to how it looks now.

I actually landed a job this weekend this way. In the middle of detailing a mercedes a paser by wanted to know how much I would charge... I told him "hard to say without seeing the vehicle first hand"

He runs to get his truck, a 2006 black silverado, I quickly detail sprayed a corner of his hood, clayed, did 2 passes with an orange pad + SHR, a single pass with FMP on the white pad and applied a quick layer of Americana.... the guy was absolutely floored. His truck will be in my garage 2 weeks from now along with his wifes BMW 3 series for a total charge of $650 :D

Best way to demonstrate the benefit is to do a test section on the car while they watch. That way they can see how much work you're putting in on just the paint and they can see, side-by-side, how their paint could look compared to how it looks now.

I actually landed a job this weekend this way. In the middle of detailing a mercedes a paser by wanted to know how much I would charge... I told him "hard to say without seeing the vehicle first hand"

He runs to get his truck, a 2006 black silverado, I quickly detail sprayed a corner of his hood, clayed, did 2 passes with an orange pad + SHR, a single pass with FMP on the white pad and applied a quick layer of Americana.... the guy was absolutely floored. His truck will be in my garage 2 weeks from now along with his wifes BMW 3 series for a total charge of $650 :D

The fender trick has landed me 3 jobs so far :rockon:

I agree, people know a great detailing job when they see one, but very few people notice all the flaws in paint on all the cars they see everyday. So you gotta take a few minutes and really show them the defects and, if you have the opportunity, hit a test area so they can see what goes into the correction and what the result will be. Quality work will pretty much then sell itself. :thumbsup:

Rich

I agree, people know a great detailing job when they see one, but very few people notice all the flaws in paint on all the cars they see everyday. So you gotta take a few minutes and really show them the defects and, if you have the opportunity, hit a test area so they can see what goes into the correction and what the result will be. Quality work will pretty much then sell itself. :thumbsup:

Rich

Well said Rich. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I love detailing vehicles. Would love to pick up some business. I try to hustle (legally of course! :2thumbs:) where I can. I've had tons of people drive by me while detailing and nobody has ever stopped to ask. :( Either I stink at it or nobody wants it done! :confused:

How did everyone get thier break? Did you just get cards printed up and drop them off on cars in parking lots? (ala Adam!) Did you ask people "Hey, can I detail your car"? Ad in paper?

For people doing it out of the driveway/home. Do you cary an insurance policy? Umbrella maybe?

I love detailing vehicles. Would love to pick up some business. I try to hustle (legally of course! :2thumbs:) where I can. I've had tons of people drive by me while detailing and nobody has ever stopped to ask. :( Either I stink at it or nobody wants it done! :confused:

How did everyone get thier break? Did you just get cards printed up and drop them off on cars in parking lots? (ala Adam!) Did you ask people "Hey, can I detail your car"? Ad in paper?

For people doing it out of the driveway/home. Do you cary an insurance policy? Umbrella maybe?

I know how you feel, only ever had a couple of people come up to me while I was detailing to talk to me about it. I started out by getting people at my work that know and trust me to do their cars. That's what I'm still doing now but it's slow.

Just talk it up whenever the topic seems right. Know someone who's about to sell a car? Let them know a detailing will make it sell faster and bring a better price. Returning a lease? Same deal. Know someone getting married and driving off in their dad's classic convertible? Detail it make the car look better for the photos. Put a free dealing up for auction in some well-seen community/charity auction and get some exposure. And always thank your customers and remind them that you appreciate their business -- when you hand over the keys say something like "I really enjoyed working with you and giving your car this great treatment; if you know of anyone else that might need my services I would greatly appreciate your referrals." Then hand them a few business cards. Chances are they'll leave the cards in their car, which means is someone asks them about the detailing your contact info is close at hand. These are all basically free ways to dramatically increase your circle.

In short, never miss an opportunity to get your name and reputation out there. :cheers:

(PS -- can you tell I'm a marketing guy?!? :lolsmack:)

Thanks for the tips! I feel if I can just get a few people I can get something going. I feel I do pretty darn good work. So I feel word of mouth will help.

So do people carry insurance? I mean people like me who just want to put some extra bucks inmy pocket.

Thanks for the tips! I feel if I can just get a few people I can get something going. I feel I do pretty darn good work. So I feel word of mouth will help.

So do people carry insurance? I mean people like me who just want to put some extra bucks inmy pocket.

I have none :eek: